Administrator
At-Home Golden Ginger Drink

serves 2-4

3/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and sliced

2 cups fresh pineapple juice

1/3 cup turbinado sugar*

2 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk

3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric

*I used turbinado sugar here because I find that it rounds out the flavors a bit by lending a subtle, caramel flavor. That said, you can certainly use granulated sugar in a pinch.

Combine fresh ginger, pineapple juice, and sugar in a heavy-bottomed, 2-quart saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Stir every so often, until the mixture comes to a boil.

Once the mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer steadily for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool completely.

Strain the cooled syrup through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the ginger. Refrigerate the syrup until ready to use.

Combine syrup, coconut milk, and turmeric in your blender and pulse on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. This will help to emulsify the mixture.

Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any leftover bits of coconut cream, and transfer to a pitcher. Pour over ice or refrigerate until ready to serve!

This drink will last in the refrigerator for several days, just be sure to give it a good stir before serving.

Enjoy!

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
How To Make Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino at Home

Ingredients

• 2 shots espresso, chilled (or 80ml strongly brewed coffee)
  • ⅓ cup milk (80ml)
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (8.3g)
  • 1 cup ice cubes, large
  • 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (30ml)
  • To serve: Whipped cream, Chocolate syrup

Instructions

In a blender, add 1 cup of ice cubes, and add ⅓ cup of chilled espresso. Today I used Nespresso Roma capsules but strongly brewed coffee works as well. Just make sure your coffee is chilled.
Add in ⅓ cup of milk (any milk you want: full-fat, low-fat, soy milk, etc), 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
Blend for about 30 seconds, or until smooth.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.