More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Corned beef and pastrami products recalled due to Listeria contamination
CBC News
Oct 12, 2019

Nossack Fine Meats distributed packages to hotels, restaurants in B.C., Alberta and Manitoba

cache.php

This brand of corned beef with the best before date of 2019NO27 has been recalled due to Listeria contamination. (CFIA)

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency says some corned beef and pastrami meats distributed in British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba are being recalled due to Listeria.

The products made by Nossack Fine Meats Ltd. are called Butcher's Pride Corned Beef and Pastrami. They were both sold with a best before marker of 2019NO27.

No reported illnesses
The CFIA says consumers should not eat the products and distributors such as retailers and food service establishments like hotels, restaurants, cafeterias, hospitals and nursing homes should not sell or use the recalled products.

Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased.

Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled, but can still make people sick.

Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness.

The CFIA says there have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of the recalled products.

GaryQ

MVP
Oh my, mentioning those products just have me a craving for a real Montreal smoked meat sandwich :( haven’t had one in years. For a while Costco sold them but not on rye bread (was some funny triangular bun) at their “snack bar” and huge poutine dirt cheap but for some reason they stopped selling their best thing: smoked meat

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Yeah. Do you remember Ben's Delicatessan in Montreal? Used to be open 24 hours. I would go there to eat after running subjects (rats) for my thesis at Concordia late at night.

Apart from the smoked meat on execellent rye bread, they had the best dill pickles I've ever tasted.

GaryQ

MVP
Yup, Ben’s, Dunn’s, Shwartz

personally commercially i like Lester’s smoked meat. It seems more flavor stable and I used to get a whole brisket for a reasonable price from my supplier in Ste_Agathe (forget the name) when I no longer has the restaurants they also sold wholesale to walk-ins.

memories.... big sigh...

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.