More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
In case you missed it, in most places in Canada and the rest of North America, Daylight Savings Time (DST) ended at 2.00 am this morning.

Why do we put ourselves through this twice a year?

Who benefits? What is clear is that it has a significant negative effect on many people with mental health issues. And to a lesser extent on pretty much everyone else. Including animals (like cows).

Why can't we all just pick a time zone and leave it there?

What are your thoughts? Do you personally like DST? Would you vote to end it if you were given the choice?

daylight-savings-time.jpg

Like it or not, it's time to set your clocks back this weekend
CBC News
November 3, 2017

Should we keep springing forward and falling back, or shouldn't we?

The debate over daylight saving time and its colder, darker opposite may not be as old as time itself, but it sure feels that way.

This Saturday night before going to bed, you'll have to turn back time by an hour on those devices that don't do it automatically ? microwaves, dashboard displays and those pesky grandfather clocks.

Then if you're lucky you can steal an extra hour of sleep on Sunday morning. Or if you have small children, chances are you'll be getting up extra early.

making_art

I thought that not switching was being considered and voted on by the public.....or perhaps it was a petition someone started? Personally, I say leave it to one time frame.

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Alberta was considering leaving the time alone however pressure from big business, the airlines and the NHL teams killed the plan. :facepalm: I was so hopeful...

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.