More threads by GDPR

GDPR

GDPR
Since I was a child, I have had dreams that I am someone else. Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night and wonder "why am I dreaming that I'm a 12 year old boy named Billy?". But it's not just Billy that I dream about, there's a whole assortment of people that I am in my dreams, but mostly, different aged kids. Sometimes, I'm a 6 year old girl and other times I'm a 7 year old boy,etc. And they have been consistent through the years, meaning they have always been the same kids with the same names.

The dreams aren't in 3rd person or anything, I AM these different kids,and the dreams feel so real. If I am dreaming that I'm Billy, I am experiencing life as a 12 year old boy,and all the thoughts and emotions of someone that age.

Sometimes I dream that I am myself as a child, and I am re-living some of the things that happened,except I am doing things differently. For example, I had a dream where I was watching someone being sexually abused,and I started saying, in my dream, "I would tell someone now, I wouldn't just stand here and watch". I think I understand having those types of dreams, but I don't understand the dreams of being someone else.

I haven't really talked about this with anyone because it just seems weird to me, and I haven't heard anyone else talk about it, so I don't want to seem as strange as I feel about having the dreams.But I am talking about it now because I want to understand it.

I hope this doesn't sound too far 'out there' and someone can help me understand.

I have had dreams when the main character isnt who i see in the mirror, but i know im the main character, so possibly similar! Even if the main character is an animal....dreams are pretty neat.

I dont really have an explanation as to why that happens...maybe someone else knows :) I also daydream im someone else, but thats just because i dont really know who i am so i try to fill that void by creating someone

GDPR

GDPR
I guess what you describe is kind of the same.

I just find it all disturbing though. I think I dream I am other people just as much as I dream I am myself, if not more.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.