More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
From Lucky Charms to ? toy charms?
By Stephanie Small, Wacky Web Week
February 25, 2010

Remember as a child, getting excited when you dug a prize out of the cereal box? Eating became secondary, as you dumped out the edibles ? at least that's what I did ? in search of the buried treasure.

Imagine if there was a cereal box that was, in fact, completely comprised of toys. Watch this hilarious parody as over-zealous children jump for joy at this exact scenario. It might just make you break out your shovel ? er, spoon ? and eat your way to plastic riches!

[video]http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1929031[/MEDIA]

Banned

Banned
Do they still put toys in cereal boxes? I'll admit that Lucky Charms is the only cereal I still eat on occasion, but it's probably been 25 years since I noticed a toy. Next time I'm at the grocery store I'll have to check and see if they still offer toys.

Banned

Banned
Well I never actually got the toys - my brother would dump out the entire box of cereal to make sure he got it. I never had a chance. Maybe I can make up for lost time now?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Yes, although Cracker Jacks isn't a cereal. Unless you were one of the lucky ones who convinced your mom it really was a cereal but just one of those in a small box, like the single serving ones you could open, pour milk right in the box, and have it leak out on the table while you were eating it.

Banned

Banned
Yes, although Cracker Jacks isn't a cereal. Unless you were one of the lucky ones who convinced your mom it really was a cereal but just one of those in a small box, like the single serving ones you could open, pour milk right in the box, and have it leak out on the table while you were eating it.

Oh my gosh I totally remember those!! Trying to cut them open exactly on the dotted line, figuring out how much milk to pour in, my mom buying the stupid "variety packs" where we all wanted the same one but there was only one of each kind.

Ah the memories...

Andy

MVP
Yes. lol I know, I was trying to fit in with my crummy cracker jacks. lol I liked those little boxed cereals.

Banned

Banned
I never got the Frosted Flakes or the Corn Pops or Cap'n Crunch. I was the one left with the stupid corn flakes. Who eats corn for breakfast???

Domo

Inactive
Don't mind the Australian over here who has no idea what you are all talking about :haddock:

Except Corn Flakes, we have them too. Everything else...NFI.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.