More threads by desiderata

desiderata

I am going to a funeral this morning. My wife's uncle. My wife also had a funeral to attend previously this week of a coworker who died of cancer. I talked to her and she said I was lucky not to have had any deaths on my side of the family or friends that were close to me and that I need to keep things in perspective and realize how lucky I am. I do realize this but do tend to feel sorry for myself sometimes. However, I am very aware of all the suffering that happens in this world; physically, mentally, and spiritually. To me life is a struggle. Every living creature struggles to survive from the day of birth. As humans we are aware of this so it is not as instinctual as in other species. I think instinct is a trait we have lost over time. Some of us struggle more than others either brought on by ourselves, others, or fate. These are simply some of my feelings of life and death.

Andy

MVP
This really bothers me when people say stuff like this. I mean I understand that losing someone is difficult and for a lot of people it's like a light bulb comes on (so to speak) that life is short and we are lucky to have each day and all that. That's true, but someone telling another person that, isn't going to make them have that same light bulb type of moment. Most people are aware that we all die and that life is short Was your wife aware of all this and telling people this before she lost people that she loves, if not it's because she hadn't had that moment either. I'm just using your situation for my point, no disrespect.
I have lost people myself and I have been told this same thing "You should be thankful..." (BTW not the best thing to say to someone who has just lost someone) Should I? I have been thankful all this time, I may take some things for granted (as the person who suggests this probably does to) but personally I can't just turn my mental illness off and suddenly skip around pointing out rainbows and the beauty of the day when being depressed and wishing the day didn't even begin.

lol Can you tell this hit a nerve Desiderata...Sorry. I'm a ranter...I rant.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.