More threads by dont be crazy

hi another wacky question for my fellow wacksters. i dont know when i first noticed this seems like its always been part of who i am.

i know everybody get hairs on there body standing up ocasionaly. they say from something that moves them or maybe scares them like if you think you have seen a ghost or a song or scean in a movie.

i can sometimes get them for very long periods very strong every hair on my entire body coming in waves i can even increase there intencity with my thoughts. i love it. sometimes i can do this all day long. i know this sounds crazy and you may not belive me. but i have done it infront of a couple people just to prove it.

at first i thought everybody could do this. and i have ask others about how often they experience this. but they all say only once in a while when something moves them emotionaly. i sometimes try to hide it as it is a little embarresing.

so i am wondering how many if any of you can relate. and if anyone can explain what it is in our mind nerves and body that is the case of this.

i tried to ask my psyciatrist but it seems he doesnt have the time to explain or just dosnt know. he just says your pshycotic here take these meds. but i want answers there must be some physiological or biomechanical reason for gosebumps someone please tell me something

Mari

MVP
Re: goosebumps

The reflex of producing goose bumps is known as horripilation,

That is about as much as I have to offer on the subject. I do not think that I have any physical quirks, at least not ones that I can control. :think: Mari

thanks Mari i have been googling. seems most of what i can find talks about the fight or flight sympathetic nervous system reaction. but this is not how it seems to be for me i am wondering if it can be related to Dopamine and Dopamine recepters or adrenaline and things like that. i dont have total control of it but i can definatly control it in some sence. seems to be at its most strongest when i am in an excited state. wondering if it could be some sort of excited Delirium reaction or something. i guess it does just sound crazy to most.

hi ,

No it doesn't sound crazy at all , when I think of certain events I get goosebumps , so I suppose there is a certain control of the skin reaction , however I can't control it the other way , for instance I cannot predict when it will happen when i am not consciously thinking about , nor can I avoid it happening unexpectedly , if you see what I mean ! :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.