More threads by nphelps

nphelps

Hello everyone,

Relunctantly I recently went to see doctors (gen. practice, clinical psychologist, and psychiatrist), and perhaps just as reluctantly I am here posting; however I am encourged by my psychologist to make an effort or things will simply get worse for me.

I am 33, have had sleeping and attention problems for over half of my life, and was recently diagnosed with narcolepsy (without cataplexy), ADD (I don't think I have this to be honest, but it's what they keep suggesting), OCD (that one I know, but doesn't bother me), general anxiety, and depression. Most of these things, I can deal with in one way or another. The narcolepsy however is very difficult for me to endure at work and in my private life. I also believe it's what is causing symptoms that makes them think I have other problems as well. Maybe that's me trying to avoid things, but that's the way I cope with these kind of problems most of the time.

In any case, I thought I'd say hello. I did post earlier on in the medication section about some questions I had, as I am very cautious about proceeding.

Thank you for providing this great platform.

Retired

perhaps just as reluctantly I am here posting

Welcome to Psychlinks, where you can feel free to ask any question and discuss anything that concerns you without concerns about being judged.

We're here to help as much as we can and to provide the support you might need to deal with your concerns.

Enjoy the Forum!

AmZ

Wishing you the best. Sounds like you're having a rough time of it.

Keep posting and I hope you'll get some good sound advice.

All the best.

eva

MVP
Welcome. This is a great place to come and talk to people, and it's great that you're making some steps to make your life better. :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.