More threads by Nikii

Nikii

I am just starting on my therapy journey at 45. I've spent most of my life in the self-help section of the library, and have finally taken the scary 1st step into a therapist's office to deal with childhood trauma I thought was long gone...but has reappeared in nightmares, flashbacks, and anxiety attacks. Have been reading many of the posts in different forums for awhile now, and have come to the astounding epiphany that other people have similar ways of describing how they feel, and similar issues, and some great ideas for working things out. I've got my roots in both the US and Canada, so sort of a split personality I guess :)

Welcome Nikii,

and have come to the astounding epiphany that other people have similar ways of describing how they feel, and similar issues, and some great ideas for working things out.
We are not alone!. :D I look forward to reading more from you,, in time when you are ready of course. :)

Retired

Hello Nikii and welcome to the Forum.

With the realization you are not alone in feeling the way you do, comes the opportunity to learn ways to deal with those feeling through therapy and hopefully regain control of your reactions to those terrible feelings.

LadyVirtue

Hi Nikii! It can indeed be intimidating to step into a therapist's office. For me, it was one of the best (albeit belated) decisions I ever made. Looking forward to getting to know you and everyone else better!

Lady Virtue

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.