More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Hotmail/Firefox problem

Since yesterday, I have had a problem with Hotmail using Firefox 12 (Default Browser ) I can access it OK ,and messages come into my Inbox but once I am in Hotmail, nothing opens, no menu drop down etc. However, if I sign in to Hotmail using IE9 everything works OK. Is there something within Firefox settings that I can adjust to be able to get Hotmail to work ? I rarely use Hotmail, just use it if I have to register on some commercial site . I have changed my password and security question and have plenty of security on this computer. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have now discovered what the problem was and it applies to Firefox 12 users who have the Foxit Reader Plug in enabled. Disable it and Hotmail works once again. I have also found out that there are lots of other Hotmail users who have had the same problem and like me, have tried everything they can think of to solve it but now, after disabling the plug in , everything is OK.

Apparently this is a known bug and you can use an old version of Foxit Reader if you want to until the issue's fixed:

Foxit Reader 5.1.4.0104

There's a thread about it on the Foxit forum:

The Latest Foxit Reader conflict with Hotmail

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.