More threads by ladylore

ladylore

Account Closed
This is an exercise that I was shown and still do. I want to pass it on.

How have you been your own best friend today?

How have you taken care of yourself? How have you trusted yourself? How have you appreciated yourself?

You can answer all 3 or just one of the questions.

Last edited:
This is a good one Ladylore , got me thinking , what I like about the exercise , is its simplicity , it doesn't feel threatening ,

Okay I was a good friend to myself today , by eating a proper lunch on my day off.:)

p.s. I think I shall copy you , and start of a new notebook about being a friend to myself :study:

ladylore

Account Closed
I have taken care of myself by getting some extra needed rest and that is how I have been my own best friend. :)

imans

sorry ladylore but i dont get the idea, what self are you talking about? if it is your soul best friend i dont think it cares for a walk or a rest, i hope it is ok to ask that ?

ladylore

Account Closed
sorry ladylore but i dont get the idea, what self are you talking about? if it is your soul best friend i dont think it cares for a walk or a rest, i hope it is ok to ask that ?

When we usually think of a best friend we think of another person but I can be my own best friend. The premise goes, the better I treat myself and appreciate myself then I will have a better outlook on the world.

So, how are you your own best friend?

imans

you must be two to be a friend, i am the best friend to my soul i try to act for to support and understand the chaotic emotions coming from without forcing an opinion or a judgment like a friend should do, but above everything i do that because we are nothing when we are alone

Halo

I took an afternoon nap because I wasn't feeling well and knew that I had to go out tonight....it really helped.

Jazzey

Account Closed
I left work extra early yesterday because I knew I wasn't feeling very well - and left my work at work...

ladylore

Account Closed
Made myself a yummy cup of java, open up my patio door to let the fresh air and put in a load of laundry.

ladylore

Account Closed
How have you taken care of yourself? How have you trusted yourself? How have you appreciated yourself?

This one thing today answers all 3 questions. I tactfully dealt with someone today who was trying to get in a couple of 'digs'. I responded with how proud I was of the person she was talking about and that, this person she was talking about had my complete support.

I ended my email with "I gotta run, talk later.' And that was that. I didn't freeze and everyone was kept intact.

Fiver

I didn't trust myself today; I do not trust my thoughts as being entire rational right now as they pertain to me.

However, I made myself get out of bed (really hard to do,) get dressed, go to the store at which I'm on a leave of absence, and I made myself eat. These are things which go against my grain at the moment, and I did them anyway.

Go me!

Jazzey

Account Closed
...I understood that my thoughts weren't so abnormal after all...thanks Fiver. :) And definitely a good job today - :2thumbs:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.