More threads by NicNak

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I am embarassed to admit how much I sleep :blush:

Some days are worse than others. I can sleep up to 14 hours day. On worse days I may have broken sleep, but almost like two big naps instead of a steady sleep.

From what I read, it seems folks like us tend to have sleep problems in some way.

Is there ever a problem, like that should be adressed from sleeping too much? Or should I listen to my body when it requires this much sleep.

If I set my clock to wake up and it is with less sleep, it often takes me a good few hours to get that groggy, dopey feeling to go away. Then I can almost feel myself crashing like feeling like if I don't lay down I will just fall asleep sitting where I am.

Any insights are appreciated :)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Some people just need a lot of sleep. It is also a symptom of depression, chronic stress, chronic anxiety, and various physical medical issues. It can also be a side-effect of several medications.

Andy

MVP
Mimicking what Dr. Baxter said.

One thought that comes to mind is that if you take a medication at night you might have a medication hang over in the morning. When one of my meds is at a higher dose it takes me a few hours to get moving in the morning, I am just dragging my feet everywhere.

I have a friend that needs at least nine hours a night or she doesn't function, and another friend who has to have a late afternoon nap or she doesn't function.
I say, unless it becomes a problem for you, then get your rest. :goodjob:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Mimicking what Dr. Baxter said.

One thought that comes to mind is that if you take a medication at night you might have a medication hang over in the morning. When one of my meds is at a higher dose it takes me a few hours to get moving in the morning, I am just dragging my feet everywhere.

If I need a Clonazepam during the day time, I am sooo dopey the next day. I like that term, medication hang over. :teehee:

I say, unless it becomes a problem for you, then get your rest. :goodjob:

I hope it doesn't. I guess only time will tell as I progress through the rehab program.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.