More threads by sister-ray

From October this year there are to be some changes to Incapacity benefit in the UK. Most will affect new clamiants only, but having said that I have already received literature about attending returning to work courses, this is part of our goverments drive to get people off sickness and disability benefits, at the moment I think if you have certain chronic mental health problems you may be exempt which is the case with Incapacity Benefit at the moment.

Here is a link with more information.

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Dev_015412.xml.html

ladylore

Account Closed
Re: Incapacity Benefit is changing. (UK only)

In the mid 90's they started to do the same thing in Ontario. I was one of the ones that lost disability benifits. Compliments of Mike Harris who was the Premier.

Thank goodness I was living in a rent geared to income co-op at the time.

Re: Incapacity Benefit is changing. (UK only)

Its very worrying, I am concerned about my benefits with these changes. The first letter I had said attending the courses where voluntary and if I was ill and unable at the present time to disregard the letter ( I binned it:)) yet just a month later I have another reminding me and I quote "that maybe now the time is right to contact us as we never had a reply to our last communication" whilst it does still say its voluntary you get the feeling its not. I am also exempt from the current medicals so really shouldnt be being bothered with these letters.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.