More threads by rotator

rotator

Hello everyone, my name is Callis, Male, 22, Portsmouth, UK.

Right, why am I here? Two reasons really, one is work, and the other is personal.

Work: I recently started working for a new company, who offer vocal motivational downloads and advice via your phone or PC (UK based btw). I'm currently networking out and talking to people related to therapy, life coaching and motivation, whether it be a therapist, someone who uses therapy, or anyone really. And just to let you know, I'm not here to start two million threads with the companies name on or spam you. It's personal for me as I'm fresh out of University and want to be successful and do my job well! I'm not a google bot, I'm here to talk!

The second, is more personal. Ive been on Anti Depressants for 7-8 years since I was 15. I was a miserable teenager, which is strange now I look bac and think how easy I had it. Skateboarding, drinking, hanging out with friends and smoking things I shouldn't have been all the time with not a care in the world, yet for some reason there's always been something in my head that at times knocks my motivation, and can often result in me being in a strange place. As I said though, it's personal, so I'm hoping I may open up a bit more and talk to people in the same boat and get things off my chest (I do a good job at hiding my mood 90% of the time).

Anyway, hello all. Look forward to talking to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Hi, Callis. Welcome to Psychlinks.

To protect your privacy, I'm going to remove the Twitter and Myspace references in your post. You can post them in one of the fields in your user profile, if you like. Non-registered visitors and search engine spiders can't view member details.

rotator

It's ok, I've replaced my alcoholic drinks over the weekend by downing a bottle of Toilet Duck!

I have no clue how many of you will get the Father Ted reference in that...

Andy

MVP
I don't know who Father Ted is. Is that a UK thing, or probably just something I have never heard of I guess. lol Toilet Duck is toilet bowl cleaner here so if that is what you were referring to as well, maybe you should consider giving that up as well. lol

Hermes

LOL Rotator. Fr. Jack's tipple when no whiskey to be had.

David, I am impressed. Did not think Fr. Ted was known much beyond these islands. I can still watch it and fall around laughing. It is actually an Irish series, written some years back. Even then the Church's influence was so all-powerful - in Ireland - that our national T.V. station (RTE) were prevented from purchasing the programme and showing it. So, the guys who wrote it promptly sold it to Channel 4 (U.K.) and the rest is history. A resounding success.

Hermes

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
David, I am impressed. Did not think Fr. Ted was known much beyond these islands.

I have heard of it and I think I've seen an episode or two on PBS, which runs a lot of British comedies. However, I was born in London, England, and I still have family in the UK so I'm probably unusual for Canadians. :eek:

Andy

MVP
I'd say! lol Kidding. You bridge the gap, so clueless people like myself get schooled on all things UK etal.

Hermes

Indeed, David. You have a foot in the old and in the new world (L).

I used to enjoy watching a sitcom from Quebec (it used to come on at certain times on French T.V.) about two really funny ladies. It kind of gave some idea of life in that part of the world, although I suspect it was a kind of caricature...Can't get the programme any more.

I only know one or two Canadians. One is from Montreal.

Hermes

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I was from Montreal at one time, although in truth when people ask the "where are you from" question I don't know how to answer, having lived in England, various parts of British Columbia, Montreal, and various parts of Ontario.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.