More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Food Recall Warning - Kirkland Signature brand Harvest Burger - Veggie Burgers recalled due to possible presence of pieces of metal
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
April 18, 2019

cache.php

Reason for recall: Extraneous Material
Hazard classification: Class 2
Company / Firm: Belmont Meat Products
Distribution: British Columbia, Ontario, Possibly National, Quebec
Extent of the distribution: Retail

Recall details
Belmont Meat Products is recalling Kirkland Signature brand Harvest Burger - Veggie Burgers from the marketplace due to possible presence of pieces of metal. Consumers should not consume the recalled product described below.

Recalled products

Brand Name
Common NameSizeCode(s) on ProductUPC
Kirkland Signature
Harvest Burger - Gourmet Blend - Veggie Burgers1.7 kgA 1748 B20 BB/MA:
2019 AL 23 112
0 96619 30958 0

What you should do
Check to see if you have recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased

Background
This recall was triggered by a consumer complaint. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.

The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.

Illnesses
There have been reported injuries associated with the consumption of this product.

More information
For more information, consumers and industry can contact the CFIA by filling out the online feedback form.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Fake food news :)

There have been reported injuries associated with the consumption of this product.

What a nightmare. An easy alternative is frying a large portobello mushroom and using that as a burger (and topping it with hipster ingredients like avocado or beet relish). Haven't tried it yet.

GaryQ

MVP
I knew Veggie burgers were not good for you! Good thing I'm a carnovire.

@Daniel I think I'd rather eat a Vegimite burger than your suggestion.

Also never understood why peole buy frozen (regular) patties... thet cost more and are full of filler. I makes my own and 100% pure beef. Only additives go on top. Oh by the way Montreal style steak spices while frying the meat brings it to a new level!

GaryQ

MVP
And your typical “read the headlines only” type will say the food inspection agency says veggie burgers are dangerous :facepalm:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I'm waiting for: "New study links diet sodas to vehicular speeding and excessive use of recliners."

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.