More threads by arnett

arnett

I'd be interested to hear what kind of changes people are making in their life to accommodate the limitations that fibromyalgia tries to impose.

For example, I have decided to ask a friend to help me after a trip to Sam's Club or a trip to get a lot of groceries as carrying everything up to my apartment leaves me depleted for hours. I've also decided one of those grabbers would be handy since I have small children and all the bending and picking up gets to me if I'm sore that day. They tend to have toys everywhere!

What other little tricks do you use to make life more pleasant? I'm just curious!

Cathy

Fiver

I think the biggest and best trick is that you decided it really is okay to ask others for help when you need it. A lot of us have a hard time doing that, and it's a big first step. I feel good when I can help, especially when I feel like someone has sought my help not from exploitation, but out of friendship and trust. Why I forget that other people get this same good feeling from me when I ask them for help is unclear, because I am stubborn and don't often ask. So high five to you today.

Other than that, I got nuthin.

momof5

Hi Cathy,

The best thing that you can do is to listen to your body and to pace yourself through the day. Rest if you can and when you can.

I know it isn't easy to say rest with you have small children to chase about, but do the best that you can with it.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.