More threads by Kuroshashu

Hello all,

Wow, it's been a long, long time since I've been on this site. I'm feeling much better now though. Something akin to optimism in fact. Wasn't all that hard...

Anyway, on to the story; My boyfriend was staying over and we were watching a documentary when I was overcome with laughter. Not at anything, nor did I feel any great deal of mirth, but I was near-paralysed with laughter for some forty minutes.

Needless to say my boyfriend was terrified, as he lives 800kms away, had no money, has roughly half my physical strength and a very good view of the various blades littering my room. The poor boy wouldn't come within arms reach for hours and it proved to be a rather hurtful experience for all concerned.

Thinking back, this isn't the first instance of this, although it's the first in a number of years. Whilst being wary of self-diagnosis, what does this sound like to you? Bipolarism does run rather deep in my family... :S

Cheers all.
KS

Jazzey

Account Closed
Hi Korushashu,

Welcome back. :)

We don't promote online diagnosis here and nor do we offer this on this forum - it's far too irresponsible & dangerous. If you're really concerned about this, I can only recommend that you go see a medical professional for it.

I will reassure you that I have had those fits myself. For me, I've recognized that I have them in moments of terrible sadness. But again, each person is different.

Korushashu - what were you thinking about during this fit? Have you been professionally diagnosed already? Are you currently seeing a doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist?

Yeah, I understand the problem of self-diagnosis, but all the same I don't see the harm in idle speculation. Obviously one could diagnose themselves with half the the conditions in a psychological text-book if reading with an amateur's eye, but it's still interesting.

I don't plan to see a professional about this unless it becomes more frequent an inconvenience: I think I can deal with once every five years. Nor am I seeing a professional for anything else: it proved to be easier to pull myself up by the bootstraps, to use a tired clich?.

I think at the onset I might've been a little saddened, but it's hard to say. Actually, I was watched a sci-fi drama, but I wasn't really into it. In any case, for the vast bulk of the fit I was mainly worrying about my company. He seemed so terrified and worried that it was heart-wrenching to watch. I guess that aligns nicely with your own experience then. Thank you for sharing that, by the way.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Yeah, I understand the problem of self-diagnosis, but all the same I don't see the harm in idle speculation. Obviously one could diagnose themselves with half the the conditions in a psychological text-book if reading with an amateur's eye, but it's still interesting.

It is very interesting. But its speculative nature is the very thing that makes it dangerous. Particularly in this type of medium when you don't know if someone else will see commonality and make their own conclusions about their "diagnosis"....Only an expert in psychology or psychiatry is qualified to do so and then, only if and when they see the person "in person" (I think anyway). As I said, potentially harmful to everyone concerned including the recipient - there's no real way to ensure that this person isn't adopting that "fake diagnosis".

I think at the onset I might've been a little saddened, but it's hard to say. Actually, I was watched a sci-fi drama, but I wasn't really into it. In any case, for the vast bulk of the fit I was mainly worrying about my company. He seemed so terrified and worried that it was heart-wrenching to watch. I guess that aligns nicely with your own experience then. Thank you for sharing that, by the way.

You're welcome. Dr. Baxter asked you some really interesting questions in his post. If you don't mind, what are your answers? :)

Oh, whoops, I missed that reply. Must've come up while I was typing the last one.

No, we've always gotten along well, it's just that we'd never spent a long period of time together before. His living so far away has meant that I can only stay for a few days every few weeks. Nor had he ever been to my house. We only met online about five or six months ago, so apprehension would be quite justified without any apparent fits of lunacy.

At least I think that's it. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if I came across as a violent sort, but I've never even threatened, not even playfully.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Welcome Back!

I am a bit concerned with this;
and a very good view of the various blades littering my room.
Unless ofcourse you are a collector. If it is that you are self harming, then I would urge you to see a professional.

These types of conditions are not really about;
pull myself up by the bootstraps, to use a tired clich?.

I and others only wish it were that easy.

I don't mean to sound kirt, that isn't my intention. I am just hoping to have you see that if you are suffering, or even think you are having symptoms of mental illness, that you should see a doctor. When treatment is started early the chance of recovery is good.

I'm not exactly a collector, more a recovering self-mutilator. I've not felt the urge to do anything of the sort for years, but I still like having a couple knives around for opening letters and stirring drinks.

Also, I didn't mean to offend, but just to be honest. I did try to get help, but that proved difficult and in the end I got by without.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.