MY BIPOLAR DISORDER

A 65 YEAR CONTEXT:
October 1943 To December 2008

BY

RON PRICE
George Town Tasmania Australia
(71 Pages: Font 14?27,000 words)

1. Preamble and Introduction:

1.1 This is a longitudinal, retrospective account going back to my conception in October 1943. I make reference to a genetic predisposition to bipolar disorder(BPD) due to a family history of affective disorder in a first-degree relative, my mother(1904-1978). She had BPD, although her disability was never given that medical diagnosis. About half of all patients with BPD have one parent who also has a mood disorder. There is, therefore, a clinical significance in my mother?s mood disorder in the diagnosis of my own BPD. The high heritability of BPD has been well documented through familial incidence, twin, and adoption studies. There is an unquestionable justification for the inclusion of my family in my understanding of BPD. No specific gene has yet been identified as the one "bipolar gene." It appears likely that BPD is caused by the presence of multiple genes conferring susceptibility to BPD when combined with psychosocial stressors. I make this point as an opening remark and pass on to my story.
----------I WILL POST INSTALMENT #2 IF THIS ONE ENGAGES SOME READERS HERE---------------

Jazzey

Account Closed
Re: My Bipolar Story: Instalment #1

:welcome2: to psychlinks Ron. Feel free to post here. You'll find a warm group of members who are all too happy to discuss issues with you and offer support to you when you need it along with some forums which may assist you.

amastie

Hi Ron,
I don't have BD but there are forums here for that as you would know. Are you wanting to engage with others with that disorder?
For now,
amastie

RonPrice

Thanks David....yes, readers can read my story by googling "BPD Ron Price." Mine is one of the more comprehensive longitudinal accounts, but there are now hundreds of short and long term stories and thousnads of internet discussions for those wnating info and help.-Ron in T:support:asmania

Last edited:

Meggylou

Thanks for posting. I'll google and read the rest. Welcome to the forum. I always find this place a safe haven for my emotions.

RonPrice

belated thanks for the encouragement, Meggylou....I'll drop in here occasionally in these middle years(65-75) of my late adulthood as the developmental psychologists call the years from 60 to 80--and old age(80++), if I last that long.-Ron in Tasmania:wave4:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.