More threads by Kiki

Kiki

Hi David, do you have any information about Neuleptil? I really really need an information about this drug.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Hi, Kiki...

First, you have to remember that many drugs are designed and used initially to treat certain disorders and later found to have many alternative or "off label" uses, especially in lower doses as adjuncts to other medications. Basically, it is an older medication designed as

an antipsychotic medication which affects chemicals in the brain that allow communication between nerve cells (neurotransmitters). These chemicals are called dopamine and serotonin. Exactly how Neuleptil works is unknown. However, it seems to readjust the balance of dopamine and serotonin.

Source: Welcome to RxMed

From RxMed: Pharmaceutical Information - NEULEPTIL

[Neuleptil] ([FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Pericyazine)[/FONT] is a sedative phenothiazine with weak antipsychotic properties. It also has adrenolytic, anticholinergic, metabolic and endocrine effects, and an action on the extrapyramidal system.

It has been shown to reduce pathologic arousal and affective tension...

It is used to control prevailing hostility, impulsiveness and aggressiveness when used with other medicines.

What are your specific questions about Neuleptil, kiki?

Kiki

Thanks a lot David for giving me this drug information.My 18 years old autistic daughter is actually taking this drug for a year now. She have a non-functional play behaviour like loud noises including yelling, stomping... She also have agitation and hostility, the main reason why she was given this med.I wonder why she is getting worst. Aside from bad side effects, the more she have tantrums and meltdown.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.