More threads by PlaneswalkerZacron

Thnks again Daniel,my condition is generally not to disruptive until I remember I read something about LoA and phrases like "thought is creative energy"(paraphrased) but what about the two hypothetical statements I posted above??(English is not exactly my first language ,I wonder whether I convey my message correctly?)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
It is kind of difficult to understand exactly what you mean in your two examples, but certainly the problem isn't logic per se with OCD. People with OCD tend to be, if anything, smarter than average and tend to overintellectualize, e.g. try to ruminate away unwanted emotions. They also tend to have good insight into the irrationality of their anxieties and intrusive thoughts (as opposed to, say, many cases of schizophrenia).

One thing you are certainly doing -- other than magical thinking -- is anxiety-based awfulizing about the how horrible the consequences would be.

So the problem is more about the emotional brain, e.g. the overactive amygdala, along with habitual responses/rituals such as ruminating or checking that are used to lessen the anxiety in the short term.

Come to think of it,I am researching religions a while ago before I have the exarcebated form of my problem ,because of the nature of religions being mysterious ,I make myself sceptical,in such way,I would be able to discern what is real or not imo,that and to protect myself against excessive worrying in case I think that certain things are true but I would not able to handle it .....yet.In other words,I don't want to be in denial but still protecting myself and keeping things in view.

It is kind of difficult to understand exactly what you mean in your two examples, but certainly the problem isn't logic per se with OCD. People with OCD tend to be, if anything, smarter than average and tend to overintellectualize, e.g. try to ruminate away unwanted emotions. They also tend to have good insight into the irrationality of their anxieties and intrusive thoughts (as opposed to, say, many cases of schizophrenia).

One thing you are certainly doing -- other than magical thinking -- is anxiety-based awfulizing about the how horrible the consequences would be.

So the problem is more about the emotional brain, e.g. the overactive amygdala, along with habitual responses/rituals such as ruminating or checking that are used to lessen the anxiety in the short term.
I don't think I am that intelligent,I think I am just scatterminded, so do you think a good idea would be to confess to the person that I am having intrusive thoughts over it ? Well,let's say you are the subeject of my ocd,would you worry about yourself?
And I figured out LoA is not the only thing that is troubling me,I have some fear of "curse" since last time,because just now I just did "something" that I might have accidentally "forbid" myself from doing it ,because I thought of something in my mind after I woke up from my nap,come to think of it it makes no sense that a few thoughts would alter fabric of reality,without emotion or visualization or affirmation(not to say having them will cause anything,although it seems comparatively more likely)

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Another thing I don;t understand is why I am afraid of the words of a specific image that I think of.On the other hand if I am re-imagining a scenario where someone for example some one saying that doing this and this will lead you to hell or something,I am not frighthened about it (in the context of curse,but whether do I think it is that true and does it scares me is another issue) even if I do it myself. It is as if my brain is subconsciously classifying certain images with certain meanings.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.