More threads by rdonovan1

rdonovan1

I am just wondering if anyone might happen to know as to how things like the media and culture tend to influence our choices and decsions?

Whether we like it or not culture and the media can and does effect how we think, feel, and believe about ourselve's and that is proven by the business world, the law, and by publications like Cosmopolitan, Gun's and Ammo, Black Belt, and other related magazines and books.

We also tend to see it in the cinema and the news and in the advertising world and that is why we tend to get ads that we see on tv that tend to make us either hungry or thristy. This tactic is also used at the theater when you go to watch movie and that is why they tend to have ads at the begining before the movie ever starts showing things like popcorn, soda, candy and other related items that they think you might want and need while you are watching the movie. It is called subliminal advertising in the business world.

I however tend to think that what we see in magazines, the movies and on television also tends to influence our overall thoughts, feelings, and beliefs about not only ourselve's but one another and that is in my opinion why we tend to see more violence in our streets and in our schools and I am also of the opinion that it is also one of the main reasons as to why we have become so indifferent towards one another as we tend to see it on tv or in the movies and for some reason we tend to think that what the characters are doing on the screen is alright in real life.

This is just what I have observed and it is something that Dr. Warren Farrell and the law has observed.

This concept is proven by the law and the justice system because whether we like it or not crime is on the rise and I personally think that a lot of it is the result of what we are being exposed to. I also tend to think that it is part, if not a lot of the reason as to why the Columbine, Colorado shooting occured.

Maybe other people might have noticed something different, but this is something that I have noticed and it is a subject that I am very interested in understanding much better.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.