• Quote of the Day
    "Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers."
    Veronica A. Shoffstall, After a While (1971), posted by David Baxter

gooblax

MVP
FYI I get a security certificate has expired error for the site, expiry date 28 Dec 2021. The site refuses to load on Chrome, loads the error on Edge - I clicked 'proceed anyway' to be able to view the site, log in and post this (multiple devices).

David Baxter

Administrator

David Baxter

Administrator
I just switched from the default cPanel security certificate to Let's Encrypt certificates. This c orrectly cascaded from psychlinks.ca down to forum.psychlinks.ca so you should no longer be seeing that error.

Can those of you who encountered the problem please report back here to confirm the fix?

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
It works now, even in Chrome and Safari where I didn't bypass the security message earlier.

David Baxter

Administrator
Thanks, Daniel.

The previous certificate changed somewhere between September 2021 and no when it renewed the certificate: it no longer provides full "wildcard" certificates. So where previously, all variations were automatically included, now it does not correctly cover subdomains.

Fortunately, there is a cPanel plugin that makes swwitching to Let's Encrypt almost effortless. :)

David Baxter

Administrator
Thank you all for bringing this to my attention. cPanel seems to have changed the source of their default security and that brought the problem to a head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom