More threads by Eye Stigmata

I don't know what the problem is... I'm so depressed lately it's disgusting, I feel like I don't even know myself anymore. What is the point in living a life when your so miserable all the time and some days you can't even justify WHY.

I don't know what it is... I think mostly..that I expect so much out of myself and I have such high demands for myself that im constantly letting myself down, to the point where I feel plain useless...

I know it's easy enough to say "take it easy then", but it's not like that. I feel like I need to serve some *great* purpose in my life and that i'm just not making the cut.

I've been so miserable for the last 2 months that I have to motivate myself just to get out of bed in the morning... why can't I just be happy with who I am today? Why do I always compare myself to others? Why do I always push myself so hard to be and say and do all of these *things*...

I've *SI* just about every day for the past 2 months...which isn't "abnormal" for me but..I was hoping that therapy would help lift some of the every day stress off my shoulders and allow me to atleast some what heal... I guess not... I feel like giving up on Therapy, I feel like my therapist thinks I'm a total nut case...and because I cry every single session..I'm starting to believe I probably am...

Just had to get that off my chest....*sigh*... someday i'll find that light at the end of the tunnel...and it will be wonderful..

amastie

:hug: MM :hug:
I hope that it helped to speak of it.
I'm so sorry you feel so low.
To feel that way is usually in the nature of the illness, certainly not a proof of you have no value.
You *do* have value. It's not possible to be a person and *not* have value. (I remind myself of that when I feel similarly..)
Is your therapist qualiftied to prescribe medication? If you're not on medication, it might be worth seeing a doctor or psychiatrist who is able to prescribe them.
Stay in touch so we can be here for you :hug:
I'm in Australia but others will be keeping hours more close to what yours are.
Keeping you in my thoughts..

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
MonkeyMunch said:
I was hoping that therapy would help lift some of the every day stress off my shoulders and allow me to atleast some what heal... I guess not... I feel like giving up on Therapy...
Have you mentioned those concerns to your therapist? It could only help to mention it, IMHO.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.