More threads by suewatters1

Singer Amy Winehouse found dead, UK press says – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Singer Amy Winehouse was found dead at her apartment in London Saturday, the UK Press Association reported. She was 27.

The "Rehab" singer had a history of battling drugs and alcohol and recently left a British rehabilitation program that a representative said was intended to prepare her for scheduled European concerts.

But she cut short the European concert tour in Belgrade, Serbia, last month after she staggered around the stage and stumbled through several songs.

Jazzey

Account Closed
...I'm sorry to hear this news...but maybe predictable in some respects? Thank you Sue...still very sad news.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

And if I'm really honest, maybe giving this any attention is maybe not a great idea...I do feel sad for her. But it also romanticizes something that should probably not be romanticized for many of us. Maybe we don't need to feel that pain? take it on as our own to justify our own ideas?

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I didn't sense any romanticization. I do see the opposite: Lots of negative comments there about her getting what she "deserved." Which, of course, is a total lack of compassion.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Getting what she deserved? I'm sorry Daniel, I hope that's not what people read into her. I've always enjoyed her music. And I'm really saddened by her death. But I can't say that I'm "shocked" by it.

the romanticism...I'm just going through a tough time. I personalized it too much. But no, I never thought she deserved that - she was very talented, and I'm saddened to hear that news.

GDPR

GDPR
So very sad...and scary. I have a son that was recently released from rehab after an 8 month stay, my biggest fear is he will relapse and die.

No addict 'deserves' to die. It pisses me off that people would even think that way.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.