More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Hobe Sound doctor sentenced to over 4 years in prison for disability fraud
April 29, 2019, TCPalm.com

HOBE SOUND — A Hobe Sound doctor was sentenced to over four years in prison for disability fraud and other fraud charges.

Arthur Kranz of Hobe Sound was sentenced to four years, three months in prison Monday for tax evasion, wire fraud and Social Security disability fraud, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida.

Along with serving the time in prison, the doctor was ordered to pay $1,013,284 restitution and spend three years on supervised release.

Kranz claimed disability through his own insurance company in 2002 and began receiving money from the policy, according to Sarah Schall, public information officer for the federal office's Southern District of Florida in Miami.

In 2003, he then submitted an application to the Social Security Administration for disability benefits and began receiving them, as well.

Kranz was required to notify his insurance company and the Social Security office if he returned to work, which he did not do when he began working as a psychiatrist in a hospital from January 2006 to March 2013.

The psychiatrist earned over $1.6 million in income and failed to report the income. Instead, Kranz directed his income to other people and sham corporations he had created to receive it without having to report it, Schall wrote in an email.

He also filed false personal tax returns and continued to tell his insurance company he wasn't working, according to the news release.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Another rare case concerning another individual who had $150,000 spread out in six unreported accounts:

$150,000 in the Bank and Drawing Income from SSI

In January 2012, for example, SSA reported using AFI [Access to Financial Institutions] to identify where a recipient had 6 unreported financial institution accounts that each had balances of nearly $25,000. The recipient, however, reported having only one financial institution account that was under the resource limit.

flethybob

I remember this situation and 4 years ago I said that it is awful but nowadays I understand that this case is not the worst. During COVID a lot of doctors started earning a lot of money because they started making the wrong diagnosis and prescribing to patients the treatment that costs a lot of money and does not help, but on the contrary, does harm. I'm talking about those cases when people are told to drink antibiotics from the first day of treatment, while antibiotics do not cure viral infections, but only bacterial ones. For me, this is even more fraudulent. Preying on people's health by deception. And there are tens of thousands of such cases now.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I remember this situation and 4 years ago I said that it is awful but nowadays I understand that this case is not the worst. During COVID a lot of doctors started earning a lot of money because they started making the wrong diagnosis and prescribing to patients the treatment that costs a lot of money and does not help, but on the contrary, does harm. I'm talking about those cases when people are told to drink antibiotics from the first day of treatment, while antibiotics do not cure viral infections, but only bacterial ones. For me, this is even more fraudulent. Preying on people's health by deception. And there are tens of thousands of such cases now.

Where is this happening? Please link to the source.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.