More threads by Mashka

Mashka

My psychologist and I made up a list of all of my obsessions, turns out my OCD is more full-blown than I thought it was, and I assigned a number to how much fear was associated with each obsession. The least fearful for me is the compulsion to wash my hands, so we started with that. Its been one day since my last session and I'm a little scared-doctor told me to try only washing my hands when other people wash them, before meals, and after bathrooms. For me, I was my hands after I touch doorknobs, money, or shake someones hand. It's been difficult tackling my least feared obsession-I'm terrified to tackle the 10's. I'm so scared.

Jazzey

Account Closed
One step at a time Kels. So far, the goal is to only wash your hands when other people wash their hands - this is a first step. One step at a time.

And good job Kels :2thumbs: for working on this. You'll be ok - just remember small bits at a time. :)

ladylore

Account Closed
Have you read the book "Brain Lock" yet? It may help you out a bit. Take this one, one step at a time Mashka.

You have the support here too. :support:

Halo

Yes I was also going to suggest taking it one step at a time and not looking too far into the future at the 10s. For now you are concentrating on the hand washing and taking it one day or even one hour at a time. Eventually the more practice you get at facing your fears the better equipped you will be at handling them (or at least I think so anyway). And as Robyn said, you always have us here to lean on.

Take care

Hi Mashka good to hear you have started working on obsession number 1. That is great I know you will conquer and as the others said one day at a time. Good for you best wishes mary

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.