More threads by Curious

Curious

I allowed my anxiety and stress to control me instead of me control it. My mind and my emotions convinced me to allow it to control me by negative reaction. It is written, "you are what you think and believe", the bible. There are things I still do not know are understand about the mind, "mind over matter just came into thought. I now question every negative thought that comes into my mind and my emotions that are aggravating me and ask it why, I've as of yet recieved a answer.

And I love your preview post. high strung :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Retired

Re: Thank You. Steve

As long as we can continue learning about ourselves and fine tuning our reactions to be more appropriate to the circumstances, we make progress.

I believe life is a work in progress, and quality of life is what we make it.

I also think we have to know ourselves, and know our capabilities as well as limitations, so that our expectations for ourselves is achievable.

By knowing what you can and cannot do, plus knowing what are your particular triggers for the reactions that cause you distress, can be helpful information in managing the situations that cause the triggers.

Your options are to either avoid the triggering situations or mitigate them by taking steps to modify them or to learn to lessen their impact on you. Other helpful strategies can be to learn and adopt some simple relaxation techniques, that you can use when feeling stresses or anxious. These can settle down and relax your body, so you can cope with the stressor.

Have you ever tried relaxation techniques?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.