More threads by Retired

Retired

Here we go again...busiest travel time of the year, turkey dinner, football, and the climax of Black Friday, not to be outdone by Cyber Monday.

For those not familiar with the ritual, it all began when the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth, but they likely had no idea what they had started.

After the whirlwind of family get togethers on Thursday for Thanksgiving, everyone eagerly reads through the fat newspaper ads inviting eager shoppers to visit their stores from midnight on through the weary hours of the morning to take advantage of the door crasher specials of Black Friday.

People have been camping out at the doors of their favorite stores for days to be the first in line for the three or four available door crasher specials, making me wonder where they attend to the necessities of life??

As a Canadian living in the U.S. during these wonderfully stressful and exciting ritualistic festivities, I find myself caught up in the excitement, sifting through the ads, and searching for that doorcrasher that will make it all worthwhile to get up at 3:00 a.m on Friday morning.

What are your plans for Black Friday?

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends and hosts in this Great Country!

Maybe the turkeys named it that?

I'm sad you don't like my tofurkey. :p You're not invited to Thanksgiving dinner anymore. LOL. :D

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.