More threads by Retired

Retired

New CBS Movie based on life of teacher with TS

Front of the Class: How Tourette Syndrome Made Me the Teacher I Never Had, a best-selling and award-winning 2005 book from Brad Cohen, is being made into a "Hallmark Hall of Fame" movie to air on CBS Sunday, December 7th, 2008.

Front of the Class is an inspiring true story of incredible challenges and unwavering determination. As a child with Tourette Syndrome, Brad was beaten, mocked and shunned. Some thought he was possessed by the devil. Others, including members of his own family, refused to be seen with him in public. As an adult, Brad overcame all odds to become a Teacher of the Year award winner for the state of Georgia.

Brad is an inspiration in overcoming life’s challenges. Nothing, not even Tourette Syndrome, stops him from pursuing—and achieving—his goals.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Thanks, TSOW. I have been watching the movie (and still am), and it is pretty inspiring even half-way through.

UPDATE: I liked the ending, too.

Last edited:

Mari

MVP
Thanks, TSOW. I have been watching the movie

It was certainly worth watching and I would probably have missed it if you had not mentioned it as I rarely watch TV. I did go through a lot of tissue but have been inspired to learn more about Tourette's Syndrome. I hope people will make note of other good movies to be aired. :heart: Mari

Retired

Glad you enjoyed Brad's story. He has dedicated himself to increasing Tourette awareness internationally.

I never met him in person, although I have had online conversations with him, and always found him to be an enthusiastic and positive influence.

He is a frequent speaker at the annual meetings of the Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada as well as the Tourette Syndrome Association (U.S)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.