More threads by sky dancer

sky dancer

I'm interested in exploring what I've been learning about my internet behavior and complex PTSD.

It seems that I have a pattern of trauma bonding that makes me lock horns with posters who are mean and rude to me.

I'd like to discuss it further but for now, since I'm new, I'm just throwing that out to see if there is any interest.

I'm not quite ready until my probation time is through to post and not be able to see my posts and reveal alot of personal data.

Thanks for the understanding.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Hi Sky Dancer,

First, let me welcome you to PL.:) Also, just to let you know, we don't allow members to be rude or mean to one another on PL. We ask that all of the members treat one another with courtesy and respect.

Having said that, I also suffer from PTSD. And there have been days here, when I think my reactions were purely PTSD related. It's very easy for me, on my bad days, to misconstrue what others are telling me. And sometimes, I have reacted poorly based on that misinformation.

I think when we have PTSD, we just have to examine those reactions and determine their source, their veracity before reacting. At times, I've overreacted too quickly and had to come back and apologize to others for misunderstanding what was said. Another option, if you're unsure about something that's been posted, is to PM that member privately and ask them what they meant. That's helped me quite a few times here when I was feeling defensive. And every time, it was my misunderstanding the comments because of my defensiveness that particular day.

I don't know if this makes sense to you.

sky dancer

It makes a lot of sense to me. It sounds like ordinary misunderstanding that is sometimes exacerbated by PTSD triggers.

The subject I want to get into though is trauma bonding, which is like stockholm syndrome and causes people to bond with abusers.

Sometimes on the internet someone can be mean to me and I get hooked into them and go round and round.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Sorry, I had misunderstood Sky Dancer. :)

I don't know about trauma bonding. I'll leave others to give you some input on it. :)

sky dancer

I can explain it some, I'm thinking that anyone can comment whether you've heard of trauma bonding or not.

Especially others with PTSD. I don't mean to scare anyone off the topic.

I'll see if I can post a link about it. I can't post links yet.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.