More threads by braveheart

braveheart

Hi.

As some of you know, I'm under a lot of stress right now and am having frequent early morning awakening. This broken sleep is so exhausting. I wake up most mornings practically more tired than when I went to bed.

Well, I saw my GP this morning. As I expected, she was supportive and reassuring. She said is understandable I am having trouble sleeping at the moment with all the stress I am dealing with. That helped a lot, to hear that. That how my body and mind are responding is normal in the circumstances.

No advice really though. I can take zopiclone if I need to.

I am going to take Tuesday off work, and at least work are aware that I am exhausted.

I'm going to go offline earlier this evening, and see if that helps.

Any other tips that might help me sleep better are welcome! Thanks.

braveheart

Re: update/sleeping through the night - tips?

Thanks Janet.

I think doing some stressful voluntary work online late in the evening hasn't been helping, so I have purposely logged out of there already, and will go offline completely soon and do some colouring, word puzzles and journalling. :)

I just did the Sleep Hygiene test.. I got 60. And it said--

According to your sleep hygiene score you are aware of your body's sleep cues, but you don't always respect them! You need make sleep a priority by really tuning in to your body's needs for sound and uninterrupted sleep. Though you do follow some of the rules for good sleep hygiene, there are still several issues you need to work on before attaining the ultimate sleep regime.

Which I guess is about right!

I think your ideas, journalling, puzzles and coloring are excellent ones. And logging out of the stressful work is a good idea too. I hope you can do ok tonight and every night. Sleep is SO important and if we're unable to get a good night's rest it just seems to make everything else that much harder.

:hug:

braveheart

Thanks Janet.

I'm in the middle of an IQ test right now! But as soon as that's done I'm offline..

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.