More threads by Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

I had a very disturbing dream not too long ago that I was in an auditorium (like a school gym with a stage in it for assemblies) and was in the front row of folding chairs. We were at a rehearsal of some kind. {graphic description of violent acts deleted}

The worst dream was that I was in the home we grew up in. I walked into the kitchen and saw {graphic description of violent acts deleted}

??? Now....my brother and I are not on speaking terms but he's never been violent. Just a loudmouth drunk.

Hi,
Maybe you can help. I've had terrible dreams before {reference to specific violence deleted}, but these two dreams are the ones that have scared me the most in my entire life.

They just happened....one last week and one this week.

Last week, I don't really know what I was dreaming but I felt someone grab my toes like they were grabbing them hard to pull me off the end of the bed. I woke up, scared to death - and I was yelling out in my sleep. I fell back to sleep a little while later and it happened again. I could actually feel someone grabbing my feet and again, I woke up screaming. I curled up in a fetal position in bed for the rest of the night waiting for the light to come out.

I have to add....I'm a 48 year old female.

The one this week.....all I remember was someone pulling my arm and trying to pull me off the bed. Again, I woke myself up screaming "Let Go of Me" and "Go Away" I fell back to sleep pretty quickly and within 15 minutes it happened again. And again, I was yelling but actually screaming this time.

The weird thing is with both of these dreams is that I have my cats sleeping with me. Not one of them moved or acknowledged that I yelled out loud. One cat actually sleeps on top of my shoulder and she didn't even run when I yelled. I know I was yelling because thats how I woke myself up.

What gives??

Adriane

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: Multiple dreams of my brother murdering me

Violent or frightening dreams are not uncommon: they're called nightmares. It's usually an error or misleading to focus overly on the content of dreams.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.