More threads by David Baxter PhD

Banned

Banned
You Scored as Cognitive
A strong proponent of "attitude is everything," you believe how a person views the world is the key to their psychological health. Negative or overgeneralized attitudes are, as well as often wrong, thoroughly unhealthy. Therapy involves the systematic reteaching and reshaping of mindset, which can be quick or slow depending on the patient.

Cognitive85%Psychoanalytic75%Physiobiological55%Humanistic40%Behaviorism35%

Mari

MVP
You Scored as Physiobiological

Often more of a medical doctor than a psychologist, you believe that the body is more to blame for disorders than the mind. No amount of "talking out" can solve problems when there are chemical imbalances in the brain. Therapy involves physical means of treating problems, from medication to surgery to electric shock therapy-- easy for the passive patient, but difficult and controversial to prescribe.

Psychoanalytic
60%
Physiobiological
60%
Cognitive
50%
Humanistic
50%
Behaviorism
35%

Since I lack expertise I am not sure I understood some of the questions but it was interesting to think about. I do not think that there is a right or wrong or a good or bad but that each person is an individual who should be treated according to their own personal circumstance. :coffee: Mari

sorry I didn't post the full result at first, this is certainly interesting .

You Scored as Psychoanalytic
The original Freudian psychologist, you believe that the human unconscious is forever locked in a struggle between selfish desire and socially accepted rules, which rule all of life. Childhood experience and development shape the nature of this battle, and dreams often hold the only key into these hidden motivations. Therapy must be intense and all-encompassing, explaining the patients' whole personalities (and life stories) before treating the problems.

Psychoanalytic
85%
Cognitive
70%
Humanistic
65%
Physiobiological
65%
Behaviorism
55%

Jackie

The original Freudian psychologist, you believe that the human unconscious is forever locked in a struggle between selfish desire and socially accepted rules, which rule all of life. Childhood experience and development shape the nature of this battle, and dreams often hold the only key into these hidden motivations. Therapy must be intense and all-encompassing, explaining the patients' whole personalities (and life stories) before treating the problems.

Sounds like me :)

ladylore

Account Closed
Cool quiz - I like this one.

Cognitive
85%
Psychoanalytic
85%
Humanistic
75%
Physiobiological
60%
Behaviorism
20%

Banned

Banned
Now I'm worried - we have a bunch of Freud's around here...

My results surprised me, given that CBT is the one approach that just didn't work well for me. Oh well...It's only a game!

Halo

You Scored as Physiobiological

Often more of a medical doctor than a psychologist, you believe that the body is more to blame for disorders than the mind. No amount of "talking out" can solve problems when there are chemical imbalances in the brain. Therapy involves physical means of treating problems, from medication to surgery to electric shock therapy-- easy for the passive patient, but difficult and controversial to prescribe.

Physiobiological
70%
Psychoanalytic
50%
Cognitive
50%
Humanistic
45%
Behaviorism
35%

Hey wait, I don't see David's results here :lol: :bad:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
You Scored as PhysiobiologicalOften more of a medical doctor than a psychologist, you believe that the body is more to blame for disorders than the mind. No amount of "talking out" can solve problems when there are chemical imbalances in the brain. Therapy involves physical means of treating problems, from medication to surgery to electric shock therapy-- easy for the passive patient, but difficult and controversial to prescribe.

Physiobiological
65%
Humanistic
55%
Psychoanalytic
50%
Cognitive
40%
Behaviorism
20%

Atlantean

I scored as "Cognitive"

Cognitive
80%
Physiobiological
65%
Behaviorism
50%
Psychoanalytic
50%
Humanistic
45%

Edit: what does all that mean, anyway?

boi

Psychoanalytic
75%
Humanistic
60%
Cognitive
55%
Physiobiological
50%
Behaviorism
40%

i didn't get any percentages. i hit a tie and had to choose between two statements and thus am a cognitive psychologist only. but.. but.. :hissyfit:

yes, i disagree with the outcome for me. i don't believe that everything is caused by simple attitude. there's more to disorders and dysfunction than just attitude. could be just the way you are wired or you could have had something traumatic happen to you, or a combination of that plus attitude. it really depends on a person's type of problems they are trying to solve when they seek therapy.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.