More threads by WilliamCollins

I had another bad experience with people:

I was on another website trying to explain myself (my point in a discussion) when a group of posters started attacking me and making fun of me. They also called me crazy, for some reason (could they have sensed that somehow over the Internet?) They were being really mean, laughing at me, mocking me, and it wouldn't stop. I felt like they were my voices in some way. Every time I tried to clear things up by making a new post, I couldn't post that post because all these bad posts were flooding the forums which stopped my posts from loading onto the forums and it made me read what other bad things they had to say about me. It was horrible and it made me feel really badly. If only they knew my pain! And by the way, it wasn't something that my mind just made up, this really happened and it's continuing to happen as I type this.

I'm trying to make sense of it but I can't seem to understand why some people are so open with their meanness towards others. It seems like they have no regard for the person on the receiving end.

Is it me? I could use some insight into this matter!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
There are forums where this is common behavior, William. Perhaps it's because of the anonymity of the internet but in forums where it is allowed some people seem to take delight in hounding and ridiculing other members.

My advice is to just withdraw when you find a forum where this starts to happen and go somewhere else. These people are discourteous and disrespectful idiots and you are not going to change their behavior. Just leave them alone and ignore them.

No it is not you William it is them being idiots as Dr Baxter said Some people just don't grow up and are inconsiderant Hope you don't go back to that site stay away from it okay Don't take anything they say to heart they are out to hurt others. Some people are just mean. take care okay stay clear of that place

tasha

William, David is right. Because of the anonimity of forums and such, some people use it to harrass and ridicule others. Just consider that these people are probably not worth knowing in person. You also don't owe these people any explanation... they don't deserve your consideration. Ignore the forums that allow personal attacks on members and stick with forums where people really do care about others, like this one. Take care William. :flowers:

I'll definitely not go back there, but even so, part of me wants to because I feel like they took something away from me. Not sure what that is but I feel like I need to understand it. My mind naturally races for the answers. I guess that's just part of the schizophrenia.

I'm really grateful that there are places such as this on the Internet. I really like this place. I feel safe here.

Thanks for the support, everyone! It makes a big difference.

Yuray

because I feel like they took something away from me
What do you think they may have taken William?

Unmoderated forums, or poorly moderated ones are not the place to be sharing deeper thoughts.

Yuray

I think they took away my self-worth.
I do understand what you mean. It is a little flippant of me to say that self worth is something you give away, (not have taken away), but give it some thought. It was things that you read in the other forum that caused you to perhaps question yourself, existance, etc. Introspect a little. You should find your self worth can be recovered.:)

I'm having a hard time writing and making sense of what I'm reading/writing. I need to get off all forums and watch some TV or read a good chapter book to get my mind off of this. Talk to ya later!

Does anyone here do PM? Damn, I think I wrote that badly but you know what I mean. Damn, again!

I don't think these meds that I'm on are working for me. I'm in a constant state of panic. My mind feels like it's going out of control.

This illness isn't fun. It used to be fun, though. Sometimes it made me feel exhilarated.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Argh, your back! Do you do PM, Yuray? I need someone to talk to.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

I'll be back in a few hours.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

I sent you a PM. Not sure if you got it.

See you in a bit.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I don't think these meds that I'm on are working for me. I'm in a constant state of panic. My mind feels like it's going out of control.

Talk to your doctor about this, William. He or she may be able to change your medications or add something to help with the anxiety.

Yuray

Hi William. I responded to your PM. Hope there's something good for you on TV today!
Does anyone here do PM? Damn, I think I wrote that badly but you know what I mean. Damn, again!
When someone says something, and it is understood by others, it was a successful communication, despite spelling, grammar, or punctuation mistakes. We understood loud and clear!

tasha

When someone says something, and it is understood by others, it was a successful communication, despite spelling, grammar, or punctuation mistakes. We understood loud and clear!

Well said Yuray. Sometimes written communication can be misunderstood because we don't have the ability to inflect our vocal variations in to the communication. But caring people will ask for clarification if they don't feel they understood your written communication correctly.

as said above, discussing about how you are feeling and the link it may have with your medication would be very important to mention to your dr. otherwise it will not be fixed.. things like this are very important to mention to improve your quality of life. it musn't be fun feeling anxious all the time and ni a state of panick..
and by the way the people on this site are really great and very helpfull it's a safe place. hope you will continu to feel safe here.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.