More threads by lallieth

lallieth

What is it in our characters,that allows us to get angry or annoyed over the smallest of things.When in the grand scheme of things,these little incidents really have no real importance and yet we give them power to make us angry or annoyed.

Then when Iam annoyed at the small thing,I get angry over the fact that I am annoyed over something so unimportant...

For example,I bought a hairbrush yesterday and when I wanted to use it to style my hair it was missing..I have looked everywhere and last night got really annoyed and angry about it..then I got annoyed over my own annoyance and the beat goes on

Today I searched again and the more I looked the more annoyed I got..sure I can go out and get a new brush today,but that makes it more annoying that I have to do that

UGH,what a vicious cycle:mad:

PS...I think I overused the word "annoying" which annoys me even more :mad:

ladylore

Account Closed
So, if you can't find the hair brush, what are your options?

When I know that I am not backed into a corner and that there are options the annoyance usually goes away. My guess is that this is not about a hairbrush.

lallieth

So, if you can't find the hair brush, what are your options?

When I know that I am not backed into a corner and that there are options the annoyance usually goes away. My guess is that this is not about a hairbrush.
If I cant find the hairbrush my options are to go and buy another one...You are right,it's not all about the hairbrush,its about people in this house taking my things without my permission.perhaps no one took my hairbrush,but when something of mine goes missing,its generally because one of the girls took it.

I need to talk to the girls about taking my things without asking..and when it's something of theirs or my husbands that goes missing,the world has to stop until the object is found..when its something of MINE...they say "er nope" and don't offer to help me find it...

I think I am having an "annoy me" day..where I am allowing small things to get under my skin..I think I need a nap lol

ladylore

Account Closed
Now your on it. :) I definitely would be annoyed if someone kept taking my things. You also got a fright about your dogs to yesterday - could be adding to the stress.

lallieth

Now your on it. :) I definitely would be annoyed if someone kept taking my things. You also got a fright about your dogs to yesterday - could be adding to the stress.
Damn dogs...excuse my language..but you are right.I woke up with some left over adrenalin this morning,anxiety from last night..and perhaps already annoyed that people around here allow their dogs to roam the village and create fright and havoc

Last night was one of the scariest experiences I have had happen in a very long time..but I dealt with it and it's done...but physically I am still feeling the aftershocks

Retired

I suppose those of us who need to keep our affairs under control tend to feel frustrated and annoyed when matters slip away.

Perhaps some behavioural modification may help to shift that frustration to another emotion or reaction may help.

As an example when a situation such as the lost hairbrush occurs, think of reacting to it as a challenge to re-create where it may have been used, and taken.

Easier said than done, but when considering that the effects of stress are cumulative over time, and can result in physical health problems, then by modifying your response, you are "saving yourself for old age".

lallieth

Thanks Steve and Lady..I have opted to go out and get a new hair brush..its a nice sunny day out and the drive will be relaxing

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.