More threads by Retired

Retired

Have you switched to the Windows 7 operating system? Is yours an upgrade from XP or a new installation on a new computer? What's been your experience in the change?

What's good and what's bad from your experience?

In my own case, it's a new installation in a new computer, where I've located and successfully installed all updated drivers for peripherals except for an old HP scanner.

The system has been stable, but one anomaly hasappeared in connection with window refreshing. Windows explorer fails to update itself when files are moved or deleted, but only if the computer has been on for severl hours. Pressing F5 will manually refresh the window, or a system reboot will correct the problem.

It seems this is a recognized issue that hopefully will be resolved with time.

The only other issue was a failureto update icons in system tray, which was solved with a manual edit of the registry according to instructions in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Otherwise, I am enjoying the new OS, with cool features such as Aero Peek at closed windows, Show Desktop, Aero Shake and Snap.

All of the new features are described on Windows 7 Getting Started

My favorite feature is the SnipTool, which was available in the advanced versions of Vista. It's the Windows resident screen captire utilitythat makes taking screen shots simple.

What's been good and what's bad in Windows 7 from your experience?

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
For me, it's basically just been one positive experience after another (especially with the more compatible 32-bit version):

[sign]Hasta La Vista, Vista[/sign]
[sign]Windows 7, I'm in Heaven[/sign]
:loveit:

:D

Domo

Inactive
I am still running the evaluation copy but i love it.

Never had a prolem with it!

One thing i love is that you don't have to go to the manufacturer's website to download drivers. Now i don't dread formatting so much :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.