More threads by desiderata

desiderata

I have stuck my neck out much farther than in any other situation I have been in. Going through a near-miss safety incident at work and the lack of follow-up and action not taken still fresh in my mind I called our corporate hotline about a harassment/bullying situation I have been targeted for almost a year. I have followed the proper channels throughout both incidents with no avail. The hotline is a third party entity that has written up a report about both incidents and has submitted it to corporate. Initially I called to report just the H/B situation but a question came up that led me to also expose the safety incident which then took center stage. Now I have a report submitted involving two separate serious workplace issues. It took a lot for me to muster up the courage to make the call and am concerned about any blowback directed my way. I did not give my name or any other names during the inquiry but had to give the workplace address for an investigation to proceed. We do have an anti-retaliation policy in place but I have no idea of to what extent. It has been a toxic environment from the start and I only wish I would have gotten out before this mess.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
That took a lot of courage, @desiderata.

Were your reports recent? If so, what sort of timeline do you expect before there is any action or fallout?

I suppose the problem with an anonymous report is that you won't get direct feedback from the hotline, and that means you may feel under stress for longer.

desiderata

I was told by the hotline operator to check back in 5-6 days for feedback via the web site or the same phone number I called with my pin and report key number.
I am curious to know if I weren't to follow up (which I will) what outcome if any would be made?

desiderata

Unfortunately anonymity isn't part of our mainstream culture in society. When someone is pressed, confronted, or accused, their first response is to find out who made the allegations.

Whatever happens, keep extensive and detailed reports of anything that happens in relation to your reports. Kudos to you for having courage to do this.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.