More threads by Zipper

Zipper

Account Closed
Hi! I have no idea what to say. There's so much I want to say, and so much I'm afraid to say. I guess I'll stick to the basics.

I had a nervous breakdown 2 summers ago, and my husband took me to the ER. There, I was told, after a few hours talking with a crisis counsellor, that I had PTSD stemming from an abusive childhood. It was a shock. I'd always (since mid-teens) been depressed and often thought of suicide. But this was the first time anyone mentioned PTSD or just general anxiety disorder to me. And it made my life as a whole make a lot more sense.

I started meds (anti-depression and anti-anxiety) and tried to get back to my life. But instead of getting better, things got worse. Last spring I quit my job and have hardly left the house since. I can't afford therapy, but I did manage to get into a 10 week out-patient program at the hospital, but I've no idea when that will start (dr said it could be months).

With the holidays so close, I'm spiralling. Eating too much, sleeping too much. Having rapid thoughts, remembering bad things from years ago, thinking crazy things like wanting to smash my face into the computer monitor.

I no longer have contact with my mother or brother. Only rarely talk to my father. My husband is all I have. He's leaving Boxing Day to spend time with his family. I feel alone. Angry. Sad. Anxious. Fat. Frustrated.

I don't want this life. I imagined so much more for myself. I feel as though I'm always on the verge of tears, but not able to actually cry. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Already, I am wanting to delete this. Or apologize for being such a whiner. The clock in my chest is winding tighter and tighter. I'm worried you will think I'm faking or being a troll. I'm worried that by saying that, I am condemning myself as a troll. But I'm not. I just don't know how to ask for help. When I do, it feels wrong. It feels like I am being over-sensitive and that I should just keep it to myself and, as my mother told me the last time I spoke to her, "Get over it."

This post is a mess.

Banned

Banned
Hi Zipper,

Welcome to Psychlinks, and thank you for sharing some of your story with us. You'll find support and encouragement here.

Retired

Welcome to Psychlinks, Zipper. Your post is not a mess, and you can feel comfortable in sharing your story, and expressing your feelings here.

You will find ears willing to listen, and to provide support with the hopes of helping you deal with your circumstances.

My husband is all I have. He's leaving Boxing Day to spend time with his family.

It sounds like you will not be going...is that correct? Is that by choice or necessity?

Have you told your husband about how you are feeling now? Is he supportive of your situation?

Do you have a doctor or therapist you can call when you feel in crisis?

Hi Zipper welcome to Psychlinks Lots to read on PTSD here hun that can give you some insight into what is happening to you. I am glad your doctor has signed you up for some inpatient therapy Can you call the hospital and find out if you can get in sooner hun. I too was thinking about going into hospital for treatment but i have not signed up yet. Can you not go with your husband hun keep him company that way you won't be alone hugs

Zipper

Account Closed
Thank you all for the welcome. :)

Steve, he visits his father 4-5 times a year, usually on holidays. I never go with him 1. because of our pets, 2. we don't have a car and 3. I can't stand his family. Actually just thinking about being around people for that long with no where to escape to makes me anxious. I have no friends. I have no family. If I didn't have a husband, I would never talk to anybody ever.

I don't mind him going to visit them because I feel bad that he is as isolated from other people as he is because of me. Plus, he works from home and since I never leave the apartment, I feel like he gets sick of me.

Zipper

Account Closed
My family doctor knows about my mental problems. She tried to sign me up for free therapy back in September. The therapist still has not returned her calls.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Then it's time to ask her to follow up with that therapist to get an estimate of how much longer it will take. mention this to your doctor - sometimes therapists need reminders... :eek:

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
Nice to meet you, Zipper! Thanks for sharing a little of your history with us. It is such a shame that you're having to wait so long to get some help from a therapist, but, in the meantime, I am sure you will find information and support here. :encouragement:

Timber

Hi, Zipper! Welcome to the forum! What kind of pets do you have? I have a gerbil, and two big puppies (shepherd/husky mix and a doberman/greyhound mix). Oh! and a bunch of furry and feathered friends in the wooded lot next to my home, lol.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.