More threads by Into The Light

i've been thinking this since last night. why does my therapist like me for me? why does she care about me?

i know this is completely, and totally, low self-esteem talking. but right now i can't wrap my head around why she would have positive feelings like that towards me and why she accepts me for who i am.

i know why she means a great deal to me. i don't know what's likeable about me. i think i've really come to admire her greatly and she really has become a role model for me. i just don't understand why she cares?

Jazzey

Account Closed
She likes you because you're charismatic, you have a wonderful sense of humour, you're intelligent and you have a genuine compassion for others. Those are just some of the reasons I like you ITL. And that's just from knowing you online. You are very easy to like.

You and your therapist have been together for quite some time. It's only normal that you would develop a rapport together. I think that any good psychologist would genuinely care for their patients. While I haven't been with my psychologist very long, I already feel a good rapport with her and I have no doubt that she cares about not only my well-being, but me, for me.

ITL she likes you, because you are you, with your unique way of being, I do not know you apart from the way you respond to members here, and I like you, I cannot define exactly why, you certainly come over as a very genuine and sincere person, with a natural reserve.

Can you accept that you are likable?:2thumbs:

it's hard for me to accept i am likeable. it's confusing because i have mixed feelings about myself. i like parts of me, and other parts not really. i find it hard to understand why someone else would like me for me. i can't get my head around it. it would be nice if i could. :)

ladylore

Account Closed
Your a likable person ITL. :)
Have you ever asked her why she likes you? I have asked my own therapists (addiction and trauma), asked them to be honest. They were.

Turns out what I appreciate about myself they also appreciate about me.

boi

Hi ITL,
I concur with everyone here. You are a likeable person. You are extremely supportive and very smart. I do understand where you are coming from as well. I have the same doubts. Maybe you will feel more reassured if you do ask your therapist. great idea.
Above all that I really like you :dimples:

Turns out what I appreciate about myself they also appreciate about me.
that is really interesting and has me thinking.

i think i'd be pretty nervous asking her that question. but maybe for now i'll go over in my head the positive feedback she's given me about myself and make the link that that is why she likes me for me.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Hi Into The Light.

I agree with what others say too. You very nice person, kind, compassionate, caring and understanding. You have good sense of humor too and easy to talk to.

I see these things from knowing you online, so I am sure your therapist sees these good things 10 times more.

:support:

I too ask this question. Why a stranger, i know therapist, would care? I think because they see how genuine you are. You are very compassionate, you have so much insight, and you are working hard to get well. She sees these traits and more in you that is why she cares.

sjohnson

why does a therapist like you? why wouldnt she like you :) why do you like certain people? you're self esteem is not a reflection of what others think of you... i know that much

Sam x

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.