More threads by Retired

Retired

10 Terrible Jobs If You've Got ADHD
Additude Magazine
Posted June 23, 2015

Attention to detail. Multitasking. Monotony. If you see these catch phrases peppering a job description, run in the opposite direction. The careers that let ADHD adults shine are dynamic, entrepreneurial, and creative. In other words, the opposite of this list!

View the slideshow or download the attached PDF :acrobat" article

Attachments

• 10 jobs ADD.pdf
    129.8 KB · Views: 2

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Also, it depends on the nature of the task. If it's something that interests them, many ADHD people are very good at hyper-focusing (e.g., programming, video games).

Retired

I can't imagine any job description would use "monotony" as a catch phrase... :lol:

Agreed that an employer would not likely use the word in a job description, but might imply it within the task description. An important reason to ask a lot of questions about what the job involves during an employment interview.

Asking a lot of questions about tasks and responsibilities usually impresses a prospective employer as well, showing interest and dedication toward the employer rather than the self serving interests of the applicant.

PrincessX

Account Closed
Also, it depends on the nature of the task. If it's something that interests them, many ADHD people are very good at hyper-focusing (e.g., programming, video games).
Yes, I know the son of someone in health care who was advised to go into programming as a good match for ADHD and does well on the job. I thought it was awkward initially, but then she explained to me that this was allowing for the hyper focus thing to work in his favour.

Retired

8 Most ADHD-Friendly Jobs
Additude Magazine
Posted August 27, 2015

Experts in adult ADHD suggest good jobs for your unique skill set -- creativity, enthusiasm, energy, problem-solving skills and more.

"We think on our feet, we're creative problem-solvers, and we multitask like nobody's business!" These jobs actually showcase those talents. ?

Watch the online slideshow

PDF :acrobat: Slideshow transcript is attached for download / printing / saving.

Attachments

• 8 Most ADHD?Friendly Jobs ADDitude.pdf
    130 KB · Views: 1
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.