More threads by Jesse910

I'm not the new kid on the block when it comes to meds. Yet, periodically I do not pay attention to when I'm running low. And, I live in fear when I realize that I've screwed myself again. I did as much damage control as I could today by re-ordering. However, I have to wait for the work week to start before the doctor to okay the refills. In the interim, I must keep myself calm. Living with Bipolar 2 is always a journey in process. Lot of stress in my life right now. I'm not proud of myself right now. Not good.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
However, I have to wait for the work week to start before the doctor to okay the refills.

Most pharmacists will give you a 3-day supply in the meantime. I have never been turned down by a pharmacy when accidentally running out of pills.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
What I usually do: I just call the pharmacy, so I don't have to wait when I get there.

Hi Jesse i do hope you call your pharmacist and talk to them about getting enough meds until Monday ok my daughter has done same thing and they gave her enough meds until she could get hers reordered. Also if that does not work you can go into walk in clinic with your medication list or empty bottles and the doctor there may repeat your order as well for the two days until you see your doctor. take care ok.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Daniel is correct. Pharmacists understand that you should not suddenly stop this type of medication so they will almost always give you an "advance" on the next prescription.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.