More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
A Canadian customer was calling to find out if there was a faster way to trigger menu commands than mousing up to the menus.

Agent: Certainly, sir. There are keyboard shortcuts for many of those commands. For example, suppose you want to trigger the Select All command...

Caller: Yes, I use that one all the time! How do I do it?

Agent: Well, you just press Control-A.

Caller (after a pause): Well, that's not working for me.

Agent: Do you have a text document open in front of you?

Caller: Yes, I sure do.

Agent: OK, now press Control-A.

Caller: I am, but nothing happens.

Agent: The text isn't highlighted?

Caller: No, there's no change at all.

Agent: That's odd. If you press Control-A the whole document should be highlighted. Try it again. Press Control-A. Tell me exactly what's happening.

Caller (nearing his Canadian breaking point): Listen! I'm pressing Control, eh? And nothing's happening, eh? :canadian:

Jazzey

Account Closed
I wasn't going to say anything about this :D. Particularly since Dr. Baxter was the one who posted it the first time...Maybe this is just part of a new venture in 'recycling' policies - Sustainable development is put into practice at Psychlinks? :)

Jazzey

Account Closed
...You're absolutely right - I can't keep enabling this sort of thing...It's for his own good! First we allow him to post silly jokes and now he's escalating it to posting them over and over again - this can't be good for Dr. Baxter and definitely not good for the rest of us...Next, Dr. Baxter will be thanking himself for his own threads. :lol:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
But... that earlier post was YEARS ago... you can't expect me to remember a joke THAT long ago... :eek:

Anyway, it just confirms my motto about humor: If it's funny once, it's funny forever! :D

Halo

Well I am in the clear on this and didn't realize that it was a repeat being that the first time it was posted I was in the hospital and didn't read it....to me this is new, thank you David :D :lol:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Well I am in the clear on this and didn't realize that it was a repeat being that the first time it was posted I was in the hospital and didn't read it....to me this is new, thank you David :D :lol:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I didn't read it the first time around either...:coffee:

...or, as Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm would say, "I'm pretty... pretty... pretty... pretty... pretty... pretty... sure."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHuNNslDowU

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
But... that earlier post was YEARS ago... you can't expect me to remember a joke THAT long ago... :eek:

I guess if you count months as years :lol: I guess it was last year, but..only four months ago.

December 2nd, 2008, 02:11 AM
David Baxter
Administrator
Latest Blog: The Pursuit of Perfect
Canadian Tech Support

Maybe in your defence, it was 2am when you posted it.

:hide:

I replied to that first one too :fool: and read this one like I never saw it before either.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.