More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
I'm sitting in Urgent Care waiting for stitches. When they say no cell phones I hope internet is ok :D. They said they are dead tonight so it'll be really fast but its been over an hour. Eek. Oh well.

Banned

Banned
My finger. I got bit by a dog.

I just got home from the Urgent Care and I am intrigued by a couple things.

First, they asked me three times if I'm filing a WCB claim. I don't even have WCB so I said no. But I wondered why they'd ask. When I broke my leg in 2002 I won a lawsuit but had to pay OHIP back for what it cost to treat my broken leg. Does anyone know if it's the same with WCB? I just found it odd.

Also, I didn't know this, but the doctor told me that dog bites almost never ever get infected, and cat bites almost always get infected.

After all that, too, they couldn't stitch it. The bite is really deep, but because the skin is so thin every time he tried to put a stitch it would rip. He ended up taping the skin down and then wrapping my finger in a whole bunch of gauze and tape.

Domo

Inactive
Ouch. I got bitten in the face by a dog once, lucky he was only little :lol:

What kind of dog was it?

Hope you are ok!

Banned

Banned
Thanks. I'm fine. It comes with the territory (I'm a dog trainer).

It was a Golden Retriever. Six months old. Ironically we were teaching them "drop it". I guess he didn't know how to "drop" my finger haha. His mom feels terrible, but I told her not to worry about it. It was actually my fault. And it really was.

Domo

Inactive
Oh wow a dog trainer! That is awesome.

It just so happens my favourite dogs are Golden Retrievers. I had one when i was a kid. His name was Fozzy :p

Banned

Banned
That's cute. This little guys' name is Jake. He is still cute. I still love him. When he left class I told him I forgave him. :lol:

Banned

Banned
*That* is a cool name!!

I like unique names for dogs (and cats - my friend named her cat C-For...as in..."C" is "For" Cat).

I have my next two dog names picked as I'm on a puppy list for next year - Billy and Braunsen. But...I would give those names to a girl dog, not a boy dog, and I'm getting a boy.

I had a Boston Terrier in my class named Chowder. I thought that was a cool name too.

Banned

Banned
I can't decide so I'm on two puppy lists. Either another Corgi (I have two) or an American Eskimo (I used to have six). I like both breeds alot.

Yesterday with my finger I couldn't feel anything...when the doctor was cleaning it and stuff.

Today it is throbbing and hurts ALOT. I haven't figured out yet how to wash my hair and typing is ridiculously difficult with alot of back spacing. I'm also a dog groomer but I'll have my staff wash my dogs for me. This whole "Don't get it wet for a week" will be easier said than done.

Banned

Banned
I tried and ripped them all :lol:.

Its quite big because of the amount of gauze on it...I think I just have to adjust for a week. He said not to even try taking it off for a week (darn it - how did he know I'd try today if he hadn't said anything? :lol:)....so...maybe my mom can wash my hair for me haha.

Jazzey

Account Closed
...Before you become too pigheaded about the bandages, I got my injury really infected this summer (head injury), by getting it wet...Trust me, you can live for a week without touching it. :)

Banned

Banned
Good to know...thanks for the warning. I was surprised he didn't want me to have air getting at it, but I guess in doing so I risk opening it up again just when it would be starting to heal (I'm guessing?).

I need this to heal so I'm doing exactly what he said. I don't have an issue with keeping the bandage on, I just know it's going to be tough but I'll be really careful.

Banned

Banned
...Before you become too pigheaded about the bandages, I got my injury really infected this summer (head injury), by getting it wet...Trust me, you can live for a week without touching it. :)

Were you supposed to not wash your hair then? *That* would be tough!

Jazzey

Account Closed
lol...I think so, yes. But, I was too vain to 1) head that warning & too stubborn to 2) miss my daily swims at that time - I think it was the pool that did me in...What can I say? I'm not always the sharpest tool in the shed. :)

Banned

Banned
that's interestings. You'd think the chlorine would help it.

I'd have a tough time with my head. I have to wash my hair every day. Not from a vanity perspective but just from a general hygeiine perspective.

I don't blame you for "arguing" that one. I couln't have done it eithr.

Hoepfully you are all healed up now though.

Banned

Banned
I just had a thought...maybe I'll wrap it in packing tape or duct tape to keep the water off.

They weren't kidding when they said duct tape fixes everything. :rofl:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.