More threads by Fanning

Fanning

I didn't take my meds last night and I've been awake the whole night. Not for the same reasons as last time. Mostly because I'm going "mental" in another forum discussion and there are things that make me so upset, sad and angry that I can't barely take it.

I've been given this extremely important task in this world, by who I don't know. I've asked but no answers. I'm supposed to change things in this world. But it's so difficult, because I meet resistance everywhere. And it becomes so painful to be in this situation. It's a fight against prejudice, double standards, etc. And for human rights. I'm not considering myself as a human, but I'm sent to earth. I can't sleep with all this on my mind.

But I wonder if this abrupt discontinuation of 500 mg Seroquel is dangerous or can it make me psychotic or something? Would I be OK if I take the meds tonight?

Fanning

OK, thanks for replying.

Another thing, I just realized that one reason for not taking my meds is because my therapist this week told me they are considering different diagnoses related to schizophrenia and psychosis. They say that my thoughts are delusional. So I thought if I stopped taking the meds, we will find the true answer to this.

Is this very stupid?

YOu need to follow your doctors advice until your doctor says so you should not stop taking your medication hun If your doctor decides to stop this medication it will be done under supervision controlled not abruptly so take meds as order ok talk to your doctor hugs

Fanning

I know I shouldn't, but its complicated. I'm not used to lack of emotions I get with the meds. I'm used to emotional pain.

---------- Post Merged at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Dr. Baxter, can I go straight back to 400 or 500 mg Seroquel now even if I didn't take the dose yesterday and haven't slept since I woke up yesterday. I'm not able to count the hours. It feels like i'm having a neurotic breakdown. I'm shaking and couldn't almost remember the name of this site now. Not sure what I'm writing now.

Retired

When you miss one dose of a medication, it should be taken as son as possible when you realize you've missed your medication.

Then, depending on the schedule your doctor has prescribed for you, once daily, twice daily etc, return to the schedule.

Medication should never be stopped or dose modified without first discussing it with your doctor. As has been said, it's a dangerous and unwise practice.

Take your medications as soon as possible.

Fanning

When you miss one dose of a medication, it should be taken as son as possible when you realize you've missed your medication.

Then, depending on the schedule your doctor has prescribed for you, once daily, twice daily etc, return to the schedule.

Medication should never be stopped or dose modified without first discussing it with your doctor. As has been said, it's a dangerous and unwise practice.

Take your medications as soon as possible.

Thanks for replying. I'm leaping to every sound I hear. But when I missed yesterday's dose at 500 mg, can I go straight back to this, or will that be to much? I scared of fainting or fast heartbeat.

Retired

This is from Drugs.com:

What happens if I miss a dose?

Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.

This from the website of the U.S. manufacturer, AstraZeneca:

If you miss a dose of SEROQUEL XR, take it as soon as you remember. If it is close to the next dose, skip the missed dose. Just take the next dose at your regular time. Do not take 2 doses at the same time unless your health care provider tells you to. If you are not sure about your dosing, call your health care provider

In answer to your question, based on these two resources, you should skip the missed dose and take the usual full dose at the time you would have been due for that dose. If you are not sure, call your pharmacist or your doctor.

Fanning

This is from Drugs.com:

This from the website of the U.S. manufacturer, AstraZeneca:

In answer to your question, based on these two resources, you should skip the missed dose and take the usual full dose at the time you would have been due for that dose. If you are not sure, call your pharmacist or your doctor.

Ok, thanks! I think thats the answer I was looking for. I found a page with the drug description but wasn't able to read sentences. :)

Retired

The manufacturer's information is what is the definitive directive.

Will you be OK to adhere to your prescribed medication schedule without missing a dose?

Fanning

The manufacturer's information is what is the definitive directive.

Will you be OK to adhere to your prescribed medication schedule without missing a dose?

I missed the dose yesterday, so from this information I should take today's dose as it is prescribed.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.