More threads by aniston30062

Ive been cutting for 6 years. Im 19 now. But anyway 2 years ago I started seeing Michelle, a therapist. She helped me so much and I depended on her for pretty much getting through my life. Well she stopped doing therapy, I was her last patient and she saw me till I moved to Pittsburgh for school. (I live in GA). Anyway i hate it there and in September I started cutting again after an 8 month remission. Now I cant stop. I have been emailing Michelle... And seeing a new therapist that I dont like at all.
I dont know what to do...
I have a month and a half of for Christmas, then I am moving back to Georgia.
I was thinking I might need an inpatient program... its that bad.
But I dont know if that would be the right thing to do
Should I go around looking for new therapists when I get back? Or check into a hospital?
I just... I cant stop anymore and I really almost have no desire to. But I know that I need to. And I know that I should. I just dont know the best approach to this

Suzette

Hi Aniston,

Girl, I feel for you, that is really bad how you feel right now. I wish I could give you some advice now but I don't know it. I am just up early and I saw you post and wanted to say something.

Today people will respond and I really hope you get the advice that gives you new perspective.

Love,

Suzette

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
You say you have been emailing Michelle. She probably knows you fairly well after 2 years. Have you asked her for her advice?

Eunoia

this may not be of much help, but I think when it really comes down to it you know what feels 'right', what feels out of control, and what feels manageable... if si is not only a part of your life but dragging you down more and more and you are even considering an inpatient program (I'm not saying this is or is not what you should do), those are signs that you need to find some way of getting the help that you need. if that means seeing a new therapist, getting some kind of treatment, getting advice from your old therapist, reaching out to someone at some agency, hospital, friends for support etc.... then that is what it's going to take. I know you feel like you don't know what the right decision is in regards to what to do,... but my point is start somewhere. fight this demon one step at a time, seeing where it takes you, if you don't find the right answers w/ one person, keep looking.... there is help out there hun!

Similar threads

Frozen Grief and Addiction Recovery By Mary Anne Cohen, TheFix.com May 23, 2018 Frozen grief can best be described as grief on hold, partial grief, suppressed grief, complicated mourning, survivor guilt, and unfinished business. Patty was an obese binge eater who came to therapy to resolve her eating disorder. As we discussed what triggered her history of overeating and her life experiences, she mentioned in a most casual way that her father had died when she was four years old. Her...
Replies
Views
Vaccines for addictions create the illusion that there's a quick fix for drug dependence By Jowita Bydlowska, CBC News: Opinion November 26, 2017 A so-called anti-cocaine vaccine has just been approved for human trials. The vaccine works by absorbing the drug in the bloodstream and blocks the dopamine-induced high when the user consumes cocaine. Unlike a virus, or an inherited condition, or an environmental illness, addiction cannot be classified strictly within the parameters of cause...
Replies
Views
Addictions in people with intellectual and developmental disabilities higher than expected, study shows CAMH TORONTO, September 8, 2016 ? A new CAMH study shows that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) have nearly double the rate of a doctor-diagnosed addiction over a two-year period, compared to those without these disabilities. The addiction rates were 6.4 per cent versus 3.5 per cent respectively, according to research by the Health Care Access Research and...
Replies
Views
Hello, it’s Maureen Palmer from Bountiful Films. Our upcoming documentary Wasted, premieres on CBC’s The Nature of Things, Thursday, January 21st 8pm. The premise: we follow psychotherapist Mike Pond, a recovered alcoholic 5 years sober, and my partner, as he searches for the best new evidence-based treatments for addiction. At least that was the premise. Shortly after filming began, Mike drank again, which made the search for new treatment options personal and urgent. I’ve never felt...
Replies
Views
Addictions: The Relationship to Remember by Dr. Dan Bochner “All sins tend to be addictive, and the terminal point of addiction is damnation.” —W.H. Auden It’s the addict’s most important relationship—their relationship with the bottle, the pipe, the pills, or the needle, and often their relationship with food or sexual activity. Remember what it feels like to fall in love? There’s that crazy chemical attraction. You can’t think of anything else but seeing your lover. You feel like you’d...
Replies
Views