More threads by AMT

AMT

am i depressed...?

my mum kinda figured it out tonight anyways, so i told her most of the stuff apart from the self-injuring and thinking of suicide, but she she just belittled everything i said and made it out to be nothing at all, and that just made me feel really bad for bothering her and that im just weak for feeling bad about all this stuff. she said things like "thats normal" and "im sure everyone feels that way" and that it wasn't an issue. i doubt anyone would ever take it seriously but i just dont know what else to do, i feel like i've hit a dead end. after what she said i feel too embarrased to tell her about the other stuff because she'll probably do the same again and feel ashamed or something... i'm just really confused now i'm not sure what i should do... any advice?

AMT

am i depressed...?

my mum kinda figured it out tonight anyways, so i told her most of the stuff apart from the self-injuring and thinking of suicide, but she she just belittled everything i said and made it out to be nothing at all, and that just made me feel really bad for bothering her and that im just weak for feeling bad about all this stuff. she said things like "thats normal" and "im sure everyone feels that way" and that it wasn't an issue. i doubt anyone would ever take it seriously but i just dont know what else to do, i feel like i've hit a dead end. after what she said i feel too embarrased to tell her about the other stuff because she'll probably do the same again and feel ashamed or something... i'm just really confused now i'm not sure what i should do... any advice?

Lana

am i depressed...?

Sometimes people say things like that because they simply don't know what else to say. It is not a fault, it's just their way of coping with something difficult. It, in no shape or form, makes you weak or bad or a bother. I belive that there are people that take what you say and feel seriously and genuinely want to help, some of them are right here, in this forum. In some instances, the best person may be your doctor. If he or she can't, they can refer you to someone that can. Someone that will listen to everything you say and guide you in a way that is best for you. What are your thoughts on that?

Lana

am i depressed...?

Sometimes people say things like that because they simply don't know what else to say. It is not a fault, it's just their way of coping with something difficult. It, in no shape or form, makes you weak or bad or a bother. I belive that there are people that take what you say and feel seriously and genuinely want to help, some of them are right here, in this forum. In some instances, the best person may be your doctor. If he or she can't, they can refer you to someone that can. Someone that will listen to everything you say and guide you in a way that is best for you. What are your thoughts on that?

ThatLady

am i depressed...?

Well, hon, you didn't tell your mom the important parts, so she reacted to only the least frightening things you're feeling. Her reaction might not be that far off reality, considering she didn't get the whole story.

It's true that we all feel down sometimes, and that we're all unhappy about ourselves, or things that are going on from time to time. However, when those feelings get so bad that we begin to injure ourselves, or have feelings of wanting to die, that's more serious...and that's the part you didn't tell your mom. In short, by not telling her all the truth, you didn't give her a chance to react to the seriousness of your situation. Without the whole story, she wasn't able to discern just how bad things are for you.

Talking to your doctor (or your aunt, if that would be easier for you) might be a good thing to try. Thing is, you're going to have to tell the whole truth. Otherwise, people don't have enough information to react appropriately. Does that make sense to you?

ThatLady

am i depressed...?

Well, hon, you didn't tell your mom the important parts, so she reacted to only the least frightening things you're feeling. Her reaction might not be that far off reality, considering she didn't get the whole story.

It's true that we all feel down sometimes, and that we're all unhappy about ourselves, or things that are going on from time to time. However, when those feelings get so bad that we begin to injure ourselves, or have feelings of wanting to die, that's more serious...and that's the part you didn't tell your mom. In short, by not telling her all the truth, you didn't give her a chance to react to the seriousness of your situation. Without the whole story, she wasn't able to discern just how bad things are for you.

Talking to your doctor (or your aunt, if that would be easier for you) might be a good thing to try. Thing is, you're going to have to tell the whole truth. Otherwise, people don't have enough information to react appropriately. Does that make sense to you?

AMT

am i depressed...?

yeah i suppose... guess the hardest part to tell is also the most important lol. I'll have to tell someone sometime so now is probably as good a time as any... thanks.

AMT

am i depressed...?

yeah i suppose... guess the hardest part to tell is also the most important lol. I'll have to tell someone sometime so now is probably as good a time as any... thanks.

secendart

am i depressed...?

For some ppl who havn't gone through depression, it may seem as a trivial matter. If they still brush it off, try to lift youself up. By telling yourself that you love yourself, life is beautiful, you are beautiful everyday. Don't know if you have a garden at home, if you do spend some time in it, water the plants, mow the lawn. Try meditating, light a candle and stare at it, clear you mind, breathe in and out slowly.

This helped me lift my sprits up evey time I hit rock bottom.

Oh and you must stay away from the blades, it will only make matters a whole lot worse.

secendart

am i depressed...?

For some ppl who havn't gone through depression, it may seem as a trivial matter. If they still brush it off, try to lift youself up. By telling yourself that you love yourself, life is beautiful, you are beautiful everyday. Don't know if you have a garden at home, if you do spend some time in it, water the plants, mow the lawn. Try meditating, light a candle and stare at it, clear you mind, breathe in and out slowly.

This helped me lift my sprits up evey time I hit rock bottom.

Oh and you must stay away from the blades, it will only make matters a whole lot worse.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.