More threads by psychotic hardrive

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Hi, harddrive.

What do you mean by "assessment"? Is this a pre- interview for an anger management group or program of some sort?

im unsure, i wont know until i go on the 1st feb, i think they are going to assess me by asking me aload of questions...i am wondering though what they do in anger management though. what sort of work you do

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
A lot of it is cognitive behavior therapy. And if they are evaluating you for treatment, they are likely going to ask about what sorts of situations and thoughts trigger anger, that sort of thing.

Similar threads

"Reframe your anger to identify, set, and protect your boundaries." ~ Karla McLaren
Replies
Views
A 3-minute video from PBS: Robert Thurman on Anger Management (requires Flash) The transcript: (the interviewer has the same first name) R Thurman: If anger is a problem-- Robert: Anger is my-- anger is my problem. R Thurman: It's a big problem for me. Robert: Yeah. R Thurman: If you really blow your stack and then one day you-- or you start getting...more conscious about it and one day you decide to laugh instead or you only blow it for two...
Replies
Views
Anger Management For Couples by Suzanne Phillips, Psy.D., ABPP, Healing Together for Couples March 10, 2011 If you are human and you are in a relationship it is inevitable that at times you will be angry with your partner. I often suggest to couples that if you never hear the neighbors fighting, it probably means that they have moved or that you should call 911. The goal in sustaining a vibrant and loving relationship is not to prevent authentic differences, feelings and disagreements...
Replies
Views
Every time he requires intervention I call his therapist and we brainstorm on what could have caused it. It is hard to figure it out at times myself because his OCD can be so debilitating to him as it causes his thoughts to keep going over and over in his mind and it is as if unless he listens to those thoughts things aren't right in his world. I have started keeping a journal to see if he follows bipolar patterns, he seems to cycle between wanting to die and then being okay. (approx 1-2...
Replies
Views
Watch the little added bonus near the end: YouTube - Anger Management FAIL
Replies
Views