More threads by Ashley-Kate

I was wonderin is it commun amounst anorexic and bulimic girls and boys to have OCD as well being obsessed with germs or things being placed in the right places always needing to be clean washing your hands exessivly are those really ocd behaviors or is that just part of th e-d... ...
yours trully
ashley-kate

I was wonderin is it commun amounst anorexic and bulimic girls and boys to have OCD as well being obsessed with germs or things being placed in the right places always needing to be clean washing your hands exessivly are those really ocd behaviors or is that just part of th e-d... ...
yours trully
ashley-kate

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Those do sound like OCD-type behaviors. It's not uncommon for individuals with eating disorders to also suffer from anxiety disorders, PTSD, OCD, depression, etc., but I'd say those issues are separate from the ED per se, although they may well be related through some of the same underlying issues.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Those do sound like OCD-type behaviors. It's not uncommon for individuals with eating disorders to also suffer from anxiety disorders, PTSD, OCD, depression, etc., but I'd say those issues are separate from the ED per se, although they may well be related through some of the same underlying issues.

Similar threads

Dear AK, it sounds like you still have a lot to sort out but also that you are thinking about how to do that, as confusing as it is. It sounds like a general program might be a good thing so try not to be too nervous about it. Hopefully they can help you get the OCD confusion sorted out. :goodluck: Mari
Replies
Views
Life After Anorexia by Robert T. Muller, The Trauma & Mental Health Report August 16, 2017 University student Catherine Pawley describes her struggle with overcoming Anorexia Nervosa in this compelling TEDX Talk. She opens up about the challenges she faced, her specialized treatment at an Eating Disorders Unit, and her road to recovery. She attempts to not only help, but inspire others in their journeys and struggles by illustrating that "life is too short to weigh your cornflakes".
Replies
Views
The Neurobiology Of Anorexia Nervosa by Sara Adaes, PhD January 21, 2016 Eating disorders are a serious problem. In the US alone, it is estimated that up to 30 million people suffer from an eating disorder, including anorexia, bulimia or binge eating. Although it can affect people of all ages, genders, and ethnicities, the incidence is highest among adolescent girls and young adult women. And even though eating disorders have the...
Replies
Views
Anorexia, Anxiety and Letting Go Sarah Illingworth October/02/2014 I let anorexia rule my world for about eight years. For me, it ended up being more about anxiety, and a way of dealing with it, than anything else, and it's been amazing to not have either dictate my behavior for a while now. I think many of us struggle with similar things, so I wrote this in case it's of help to those who do. And hopefully to shed a little light on eating and anxiety disorders for those who don't have a...
Replies
Views
Wow. Those fashion dimensions are CRAZY and it infuriates me. :( I don't see much support online for men with eating disorders. I am glad the young man in this story was able to get help. It absolutely breaks my heart when I hear of anyone suffering with an eating disorder. It's so insidious.
Replies
Views