More threads by abortive

abortive

this is my first post in three years, anyways

i know males don't often have BPD but rather antisocial personality. these labels bother me, people are more then a list of symptoms describing a whole spectrum of emotional disturbances, i do have remorse, guilt and shame, but am too emotionally detached (maybe anhedonic from drugs) to realize which is which anymore. i have constant mood swings, i shoplift impulsively (mostly cough syrup and energy drinks, nothing major), i have cut myself, burned myself, and the intention was not to hurt others as i kept it a secret until my mom and case worker became aware. i am also recovering from my substance abuse issues, involving needles and cocaine which led to a near OD (i couldn't type or speak yet my thoughts were going at a million miles an hour while my ears rang melodies) i woke up the next morning, sat there and [[edit: potential trigger]] enough to nearly die. whatever. i have self-destructive acts which isolate me from my relationships and what little friends i have, rarely i get into destructive moods where i just feel like smashing things (not public property)

recently i took a look at my notes from my shrink and i read borderline-narcissistic, yet my doctor says he sees no narcissistic tendencies in me. could be compensatory narcissistic i dunno.

but does anyone here have insight into males with BPD, i tried looking online and only got the answer that males with BPD are usually antisocial, which i really hope i am not. i have had breakdowns, two involving psychosis and also have one disturbance which cannot be explained by either neurology and psychology, it's like a combo of tourettes and one of the ocd fears where intrisive thoughts pop into my head when anxious and i usually end up making weird/disturbing subconcious noises and rarely saying things out loud, even more strange is that in the moments where these episodes happen, i have NO memory of it. my doctor (who is brilliant and am lucky to have) couldn't figure it out for the two years i've seen him.

i'd be a much happier person if this tourettes like psychosis wasn't holding me down from leaving my place or attending social events. benzos work well, as does alcohol though i don't drink much.

sorry for not realizing my suicide attempt might be "triggering" seeing as no one really cares... i did meantion there was [[edit: potential trigger]]

i thought this place was for a slice of reality or insight, not censorship of the truth of how bad things can get.

Last edited:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
From the Psychlinks Forum FAQ/Rules:

The overriding rule of the Psychlinks Forum is to ensure that this is a safe place where all members show sensitivity to, respect for, and support for other forum members. In accordance with this policy, all new member registrations require a valid email address which can be verified or confirmed, as well as activation by an Administrator.

To avoid triggering other forum members, please note the following primary rules:

* DO NOT POST GRAPHIC OR DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS OF PLANS FOR OR ACTS OF SELF-INJURY.
* DO NOT POST GRAPHIC OR DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS OF ACTS OF VIOLENCE OF ANY KIND.

All our moderators and admins are charged with the responsibility of ensuring that our forum remains a safe place for our members. To that end, posts WILL be edited if they violate the above quoted overriding principles. This is not about censoring and has nothing to do with free speech. This is about the fundamental reasons the forum was established in the first place.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.