More threads by Retired

Retired

Apple Music website

I do not use IOS (tried it and didn't like it), and prefer Android. I have an extensive iTunes library that I've maintained over the years, and I now that Apple Music is available for Android

I read the following:
As we now have Apple Music on Android, getting your iTunes music on your Android device is no longer the exercise in frustration it once was. Source

but I cannot locate instructions on how to link or synch my iTunes music library on my computer to my Apple Music account so that I can access it using the Android Apple Music app.

I may be missing something about how Apple music works, so if you have had experience with Apple Music would you share your insights with me?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I don't use Apple Music, but I would guess that you don't link your music to your Apple Music account.

You link it to the iTunes program or one of the replacement programs for syncing your phone with iTunes.

Oh. Apple Music is an iTunes replacement. I was confusing it with something else.

I'm not sure. I'll research it when I get a chance.

Retired

I am currently using a utility called isychcr for transferring my music library and playlists from iTunes on the computer to the Android phone.

It works OK, but I was interested in learning more about the new Apple Play service that allows access to the Apple library for streaming and downloading to the device (you don't own the music, only borrow it)..and my understanding was that one's own personal iTunes library can be incorporated...but I cannot find instructions.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Interesting. I had not heard of that.

Does it have any advantages for Android users that you wouldn't get from Spotify or similar apps?

Retired

Don't know too much about Spotify, but I don't think you own the music and not sure if the music resides on the device for offline streaming.

All in all, my interest in Apple Music is waning, since the monthly subscription of $10 single or $15 family has no value for me to access the 80 million tracks on Apple.

I can listen to Sirius XM, as well as the streaming services provided by my TV cable companies on the TV or on my Android app, plus I already have about 18,000 tracks of my own in my iTunes library...music I personally collected for my (eclectic) taste.

So I've come to the conclusion the Apple Music experiment is over, as far as I am concerned.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.